Working with someone who doesn't do their job.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who was not doing his/her job. How did you handle the situation? And what would you have done differently, knowing what you know now?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I had an experience with a friend whom I recommended to be hired under a company where I'm the team manager but he was using the privilege of being my friend to neglect his job.

I had to keep on reminding him all the time to do this job but he still kept on delaying the deadline of doing his job. This eventually got him sacked after the management was tired of his work attitude.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
If I encounter a co-worker not doing his/her job, I'll let him/her know my feeling directly and hope s(he) improves. If nothing happens, I would report the situation to his/her supervisor.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.845
The people i worked with last year where the type who never took their jobs seriously, they where always giving excuses or have one issue or the other, i ended up doing most of their jobs for them. There was a time i even bought food for them on a regular basis, thinking it would motivate them. This is one action i regret. Given the opportunity i would not do that again.

Back