Would you be able to sack your family member?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
I have seen cases where the business owner hires some of their family members to work on the business. In a situation where these family members starts causing trouble, how would you let them go in a way that it would not affect your relationship as a family? I know of someone who his cousin works for him and the cousin is extremely rude to his customers but he doss not know how to let him go.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$2.060
I think I would be able but later there would be ackward situations on family gathering. From that reason I would never hire family members. I don't even involve anybody in online earnings.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.870
I am a very decisive person. If it ever happens that I have to sack a family member, I won't even think it twice. I know it would generate a lot of negative energy but my business is important.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
I am a very decisive person. If it ever happens that I have to sack a family member, I won't even think it twice. I know it would generate a lot of negative energy but my business is important.
Well, if it's not really bad the I think you can just correct them by calling their attention to it and I am sure they will surely change because no one will want to lose such opportunity..

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Why not, I would be able to sack any stupid family members. it is my business we are talking about. but I know family gathering would not remain the same.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.870
Well, if it's not really bad the I think you can just correct them by calling their attention to it and I am sure they will surely change because no one will want to lose such opportunity..
It seems you don't understand family members an complacency. They are always feeling cocky that they are part of the ownership of the business and would not even heed repeated warnings.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Honestly speaking this is a very hard questions to answer
But anyways business is business it would be very hypocritical for me not to if it falls for it but I won't do it in an open manner

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
It seems you don't understand family members an complacency. They are always feeling cocky that they are part of the ownership of the business and would not even heed repeated warnings.
That's actually true, but there is still need to resolve issues with patience so as not to create enmity between family member I think certain measures can be taken if the warrants being sent away.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.710
A real business person would sack such a family member when it is clear that his or her business is under threat. Highest, the family member would be compensated when the employer relative is summoned.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Business is business I wouldn't have any family members coming to kill my business and hard work I will show you the way out Family members or not no one destroy my sweat.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.870
I won't even think about it twice. Facing family sanctions is better than facing bankruptcy in my business. Incompetence should be punished no matter who is involved unless it turns to nepotism.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have seen cases where the business owner hires some of their family members to work on the business. In a situation where these family members starts causing trouble, how would you let them go in a way that it would not affect your relationship as a family? I know of someone who his cousin works for him and the cousin is extremely rude to his customers but he doss not know how to let him go.
This is a very good and unique question. This is probably one of the hardest positions an entrepreneur could possibly be in - however, as a true professional and as the leader of your business, you must take control and calmly let the family member know about what they have been doing wrongly, and then firstly, warning them about their action and if the warning is abused then calmly letting them know that they are being fired from the organization.

Back