Would you beg a customer simply because they pay well?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.643
Recently i came across an issue, though i do not know the full details but from what i have been hearing, there was an issue between the between a customer and one of the staffs in a business setup, and it seems the staff sold out a particular product she wanted to buy. Coming back the customer asked for the product but the staff said it has been sold out that there was no down payment for it, so there was no reason to keep it since there was a buyer who is willing to pay immediately and in full to get it. According to the staff, he said he was not even aware this particular customer has showed interest in the said products and since there was no down payment according to records he sold it. The said customer was extremely angry and was almost going physical, the manager on the other hand in trying to solve the issue went as far as suspending the staff and was begging the customer. It turned out the customer was one of their top clients. Personally i feel this is wrong, no matter who they are, the issue should be addressed with sincerity and as well without being rude. What's your take on this issue?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.250
Raw Dex
$0.035
I know sometimes we over do when it comes to be vibrant customers but here the would be buyer was wrong. How would the seller know you are serious when you didn't pay any advance payment. Some customers have anger issues though.

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.480
Would customers buy form you just because you begged? I really doubt that. Therefore, I never resort to begging
When you even beg, they tend to value you less. Not everyone would have to buy from you. Do your best but don't make a fool out of yourself for someone to buy. It is not sustainable.

Back