Would you consider English as the universal business language?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.493
I met someone so time back who Said English should and is the universal Language when it comes to business. That whenever business is done between different countries, the language they use is english. What's your take on this, would you consider English as your universal language for business?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.440
According to the international guideline in terms of bridging the gap in langauge barrier then yes it is mandatory that English speaking as a model of communication be the standard.However this has been taken out of contest and made the English speaking people to be a little bit on the upper hand and in control hence the push by Chinese ,Japanese and Arabs to never use english when negotiating a deal.They would rather hire an interpreter to mediate and communicate.The Language we use has been seen as the symbol of authority in the recent past.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah English language is the universal language and there are a lots of English speakers around the world and when you go to some country there will me some one who try's to speak in English and you can communicate with them, so if you want to develop in any country then you at list can communicate with English and also i you want to purchase any thing then you still can communicate with English language.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.250
English is widely used for communication worldwide, yet in some countries those who are proficient in English are being cheated and exploited. Government agencies falsely claim that the relatives and friends of top government employees who do not spend time are doing english writing work to pay them monthly salaries at the expense of the real writer.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.115
Yes when it comes to gap in langauge barrier the official language should be adopted. yes it is mandatory that English speaking is for everyone. So it should be used same for trsde

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$3.105
Raw Dex
$0.003
Whether I consider or not but it is fact as English is the language nowadays with which you can demonstrate yourselves through out the world. It is almost understand in every country so you can have your business deal easily around the globe.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
English is the universal language. It fosters better understanding among nations in the world. One can transact business using the English language, if not observe struggles and shame if you can't speak English fluently.

Last edited:

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.493
Whether I consider or not but it is fact as English is the language nowadays with which you can demonstrate yourselves through out the world. It is almost understand in every country so you can have your business deal easily around the globe.
That's true, though there was a time i heard some rumors that they where about making french the universal language, but i believe it was just a rumor though or maybe it didn't go through with others.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.115
We need to still go with English as it is the universal language of the world. English fosters better understanding among nations in the world. so which other would be sufficient aside the English language

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.810
Proficiency in speaking, writing, and understanding English is essential when conducting business with individuals from different countries. It is a global language that business professionals must master to conduct business with precision and efficiency.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$5.720
English is certainly a universal language and is mostly spoken in different parts of the world and is beneficial even if you are interested in setting up a business unit and like to export to different parts of the world

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$5.720
Engish is considered as a universal language so its important to learn it and that can help us communicate with our suppliers and customers who are in different countries

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.770
English is the undoubted language that is used to transact businesses around the world. It is easier to transact international business if you are fluent in English.

Back