Would you sell a falling business or rebuild?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.092
These days for most people, the easiest way out when a business is no longer generating profits the way it should is by selling the business. Then there are others who do try to rebrand and rebuild. Would you sell your business if it's not generating profits like it used to or would you try rebranding.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.925
Raw Dex
$0.033
It remain better to try to rebuild it, if feel there is no chance then its better to sell and start new one, or take any job. In my case I will firstly focus to sell it, because in trying to rebuild it I may face further loss.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.092
It remain better to try to rebuild it, if feel there is no chance then its better to sell and start new one, or take any job. In my case I will firstly focus to sell it, because in trying to rebuild it I may face further loss.
True, this is why most simply resell, they are trying to prevent themselves from experiencing losses. For me i feel selling should be an option only when you believe you can no longer rebuild the business back again.

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.353
It depends on the cause of the business failing. I believe that sometimes, it is better to cash in on your business than try to salvage it and still go bankrupt. If the business logically would not work again in your hand, better to sell it.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.876
I rather rebuild my failing business than sell it. I spent time and money just to have it materialized. In rebuilding planing more is required, innovating and checking the products availability.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If my business is falling i will try my best in order to have it back and to protect it from falling and losing my business but if its beyond my capacity and i can't save my business it will be better to sell it to a better person who can run it better than me than losing my business and lose my investments.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.876
It is best to rebuild the failing business and not sell it because we spent money capitalizing on it. Adding the capital and the right planning must be done to save the sinking business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.092
It depends on the cause of the business failing. I believe that sometimes, it is better to cash in on your business than try to salvage it and still go bankrupt. If the business logically would not work again in your hand, better to sell it.
Well like you said it depends on the level of things and the situation of the business. In some cases they would rather sell it completely or sell part of it. This is why we have some companies who merge with others.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.914
For me l prefer selling that failing business. This is because l find it more conveniently to start another one with a fresh energy than rebuilding something that hasd once failed.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.876
My business may have s sentimental value so I won't give it up but rather make it alive and to stand out among it's competitors. I have to save my reputation.

ekta

Unfamiliar
Dec 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
The decision depends on factors like the cause of the decline, market trends, and personal circumstances. If there's a viable plan to address issues and revive the business, rebuilding may be an option. Otherwise selling could be considered.

HansonU99

Unfamiliar
Nov 2, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.103
It is best to rebuild the failing business and not sell it because we spent money capitalizing on it. Adding the capital and the right planning must be done to save the sinking business.
I also think same it's best to rebuild a failing business than to sell it off do you know why because once you sold it then you can't have it back so it's going to be your favour to rebuild a business

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.080
Raw Dex
$0.200
I have failed on businesses multiple times and I never rebuilt my failed businesses, I always started a new business. I did try to sustain my businesses, however, when I lost hope, I gave up.

Back