How much can one use to start a cinema business in your country?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cinemas are popular across the world as many movie producers like to premiere their movies in cinemas. How much would be able to start a cinema at a basic level in your country?

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.335
I think when the person would choose to rent out the cinema hall it would be a little bit cheaper let's say $2000 but big they would choose buying land and construct the hall accordingly to their desired plan they ought to spend hugely.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
In my country, we are currently waiting for them to start work on a cinema only 5 - 10 minutes away from me. Luckily they already have the buildings and all they need to do is have the buildings renovated and the cinema built up. They are saying 2025 will be when the cinema will open.

I would say if you are looking to open up a cinema in your country, the first thing you need to look for is a building that could hold the cinema and enough people, once you have that I would say it would cost anything into the $1000's to be able to have it fully built and in working order. The good thing is with it being a cinema and them being so popular, you would make all your investment back eventually as it would be a solid investment.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A cinema business in today's world requires high tech visual and audio devices. It would take on average $10000 to get that set up. You would make your money back in 6 months if properly managed.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As far as Nigeria is concerned, starting cinema house or business is no more lucrative. Cinema business has now become outdated business. People don't go to cinemas to watch movies again. Film producers too don't patronize cinemas cfor their film showing. Online video streams like Netflix, YouTube are the media films are shown.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You would need a lot of money and technology there are only a few cinemas where I live it's very exspensive to start this type of business and also it would be very hard to bring peaple

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You would need a lot of money and technology there are only a few cinemas where I live it's very exspensive to start this type of business and also it would be very hard to bring peaple
So cinemas is still lucrative in your country?. I envy you o. If you dare establish cinema house here in Nigeria, you would run into loss. Who would patronize you. Anyway, you can use the building for event rentage. That is the current hot cake business in Nigeria now.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Cinemas are popular across the world as many movie producers like to premiere their movies in cinemas. How much would be able to start a cinema at a basic level in your country?

I am not sure that I've ever had the thought of starting a cinema business because it is something that is way above my business plan reach but I'm sure it is going to be very expensive.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
So cinemas is still lucrative in your country?. I envy you o. If you dare establish cinema house here in Nigeria, you would run into loss. Who would patronize you. Anyway, you can use the building for event rentage. That is the current hot cake business in Nigeria now.
Not really cinemas are popular in bigger cities I live in a small town there is cinema I was quite a few times it was fun

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
To do this you might have to spend thousands of dollars though. You would need a huge hall you can use, then things like chairs and even the big screen, i think it is usually led screens they make use of.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
According to the report in this article, it should be costing around 3 to 5 million Naira for you to start up a cinema business in Nigeria.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As far as Nigeria is concerned, starting cinema house or business is no more lucrative. Cinema business has now become outdated business. People don't go to cinemas to watch movies again. Film producers too don't patronize cinemas cfor their film showing. Online video streams like Netflix, YouTube are the media films are shown.
You can never find premium movies on YouTube. I would prove this to you a thousand times. And cinema business is still thriving because not a lot of people can afford Netflix. I can comfortably tell you that more than 80% of Nigerians don't have Netflix subscription.

Back