5 businesses that started small and are now world beaters.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
Starting a business from scratch would allow you gain enough experience in the transition process.
I agree with you. The best part of enriching once business knowledge is to startup one's business. I am speaking for the solo business enterpreneur who started to have his or her small-scale business.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
When I hear the story of Amazon too, I am bewildered by the vision of these entrepreneurs. From an online book store to a tech giant, Amazon started very small in 1994.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
  1. Nike: The sports footwear and apparel company started as a small business selling running shoes out of the trunk of a car.
  2. McDonald's: The fast-food chain started as a hot dog stand in San Bernardino, California.
  3. Walmart: The world's largest retailer began as a single discount store in Rogers, Arkansas.
  4. street vendor in Thailand who started the street food chain, Jollibee: Jollibee started as an ice cream parlor in Quezon City, Philippines.
  5. Microsoft: The technology giant started as a small business in Albuquerque, New Mexico, producing computer software.
I am hearing of the story of the street vendors in Thailand for the very first time. It is always inspiring to learn that a business that is presently large started from humble beginnings.
These accounts prove that the markets are ever kind to entrepreneurs who identify societal problems and develop fitting solutions.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I am hearing of the story of the street vendors in Thailand for the very first time. It is always inspiring to learn that a business that is presently large started from humble beginnings.
These accounts prove that the markets are ever kind to entrepreneurs who identify societal problems and develop fitting solutions.
I always tell people that business is not about how you start, it is about the vision that your have. If your vision and focus is clear, you would grow in leaps and bounds no matter how small you started.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Starting small can be because of uncontrollable factors majorly among them being low capital. The idea is that even when a business is starting small, the drivers of it should always have a big picture.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.006
Google actually started small in a garage but today they are giant corporation that employs thousands of staffs. It is quite unbelievable.
Indeed, i think these businesses should serve as an inspiration for all of us who have started small. There are so many persons who feel because they started small, the business can never grow more than that.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
List five businesses that remain mention of which started from a Small scale business and are now world wide known actually put in a good work to stabilize themselves and improve the services every year.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
That's how life works you start small and grow it I to something big . we don't need to despised the days of little beginnings.

A lot of people are always discouraged of starting a business because they don't know when they are going to be able to grow its successfully but it is something they don't understand that it is only starting it that is the most difficult aspect.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Following those that started a Small scale business and you would know that nothing good comes easy. Those that grow big and are now world wide put in a a lot of work

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
A lot of people are always discouraged of starting a business because they don't know when they are going to be able to grow its successfully but it is something they don't understand that it is only starting it that is the most difficult aspect.
The most difficult part of running a business is in the early days. When once an entrepreneur is able to surmount the early days, like the first 3 years, it would grow. But most budding entrepreneurs give up so easily.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Yes, running a business in the early days. With a business owner being able to surmount the initial days of a business it will go well for the business in future.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.006
It is so inspiring that they did this in a humble way. I wish I could be like them. For now, I am still exploring things up what other businesses that I can do in the real business world.
Yes i believe if they could do it, i myself would also be able to do it and so as anyone else out there, we just have to be patient and be consistent in that which we do and with time we would definitely get there as well.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
The challenge is that most young people don't like to face the challenges of running a business. We have been psyched up with success stories without being told the price that had to be paid for that perceived success to spring forth.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Amazon Inc. also started small but has become a global ecommerce retail giant.
In the 1990s, Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, started this company in a garage located in his home.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
One of the biggest investment Microsoft made in the gaming industry recently was the accusation of Activision Blizzard which they paid over 40 billion dollars to buy the company.
Back then, I used to think that it is crazy to buy a company at that price but when I realized that they were making a lot of money from it, I knew what was going on by then

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
These stories are a motivation to small scale businesses. They show that you can rise to greatness with time and effort. One should never look down upon a small business, small strides can take you so far.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The moral I got from this story is that we should not despise the days of our humble beginnings. Don't procastinate. Start with whatever you have. Persevere and you would grow big.

It is always very important for someone to be committed to whatever they are doing as long as they have a very good plan which they started within the first place.

Back