Advertisements by finance companies to promote lending business

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$0.000
Recently, I noticed that a lot of finance company are placing advertisements on TV and YouTube. Most advertisements encourage people to borrow money to travel, buy luxury items or have a lavish wedding. I think this is unethical. Borrowing money on non-essential things should not be encouraged. What do you think? Would you borrow money for such purposes?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.733
Recently, I noticed that a lot of finance company are placing advertisements on TV and YouTube. Most advertisements encourage people to borrow money to travel, buy luxury items or have a lavish wedding. I think this is unethical. Borrowing money on non-essential things should not be encouraged. What do you think? Would you borrow money for such purposes?
I also noticed that if I am streaming a video on YouTube, I always get the advertisement of these loan applications

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.018
Indeed i do not agree with this as well. I do not even approve borrowing money to start up a business, not to mention borrowing to spend on things that would not generate capital for you.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.733
Indeed i do not agree with this as well. I do not even approve borrowing money to start up a business, not to mention borrowing to spend on things that would not generate capital for you.
Borrowing money to start a business is a very bad thing and we need to stay away from it if we want our business to flourish

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$3.030
Encouraging people to burrow money for buying luxury items or even traveling is done frequently but it is the responsibility of the customer to take decisions wisely. people should not be easily tempted by ads.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is always a caveat to everything. Even cigarette companies advertise to encourage people to smoke. Those loan companies have to market their products so that even if you don't need, you might refer someone that might need.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.075
For what I know is that these lending companies have really helped many people to bail out themselves especially on this trying times. The downside part of them is the higher interest charges.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Even betting companies still advertise. Those ones are even socially worse than loan companies. The deal is that the customer should understand the limitations and act accordingly.

Back