Are you one of the individuals who are self-taught at negotiating their salary?

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
I can still remember when I had my first job experience negotiating the salary per se. It was a nerve-racking scenario for me. I cannot even open my mouth when doing it. I personally think that schools should teach students how to deal with this concern. It is a matter of practicing our rights and doing what is right for us.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.910
Raw Dex
$0.008
Actually, I do not have the experience of negotiating my salary with my employer. When we apply for a job, we are required to put down our expected salary. If the employer offers the salary expected by the applicant, there is no need to negotiate.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I started, I used to goof at negotiating salaries. I was the only person who used to negotiate salary without recourse to transportation cost. I had to learn how to negotiate salary properly the hard way.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
The truth of the matter is that schools these days teach little to notting when it comes to real life experience and activities. That is why a person could get the best grades in school, and still not be able to survive the outside world.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I was a bit lucky that I did not step into the labour market myself. I was guided by my mom who taught me how to negotiate salary wholly and not by the amount mentioned.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
Actually, I do not have the experience of negotiating my salary with my employer. When we apply for a job, we are required to put down our expected salary. If the employer offers the salary expected by the applicant, there is no need to negotiate.
There are some instances that I experienced this matter. Sometimes they will inform us that it is low to our expected salary with the company. They are the ones who will tell us to pursue having the job or not.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I can still remember when I had my first job experience negotiating the salary per se. It was a nerve-racking scenario for me. I cannot even open my mouth when doing it. I personally think that schools should teach students how to deal with this concern. It is a matter of practicing our rights and doing what is right for us.
For me, no one taught me about negotiation, it is inherent in me, I don't see negotiation as a big deal, it is something I do effortlessly and easily, because some people might be very difficult for deal with, and such people need some special kind of strong negotiation if not you will definitely succumb to their biddings.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.130
I grew in negotiation. I used to be very emotional when it came to negotiating my pay and many employers used that to take advantage of me. I learnt to understand that I am offering virtue to these organizations and started having value for myself.

Back