Argentina crackdown on BTC miners

Yugocean

Notable
Jun 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Argentina is cracking down on bitcoin mining, and recently the country seized 300 pieces of illegal BTC mining equipment. Work against miners in Argentina has been going on since last year, but they are not stopping. Crypto World believes in real criminals. Argentina is doing itself a disservice by taking action against BTC miners instead of What is your opinion on this?

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Argentina is cracking down on bitcoin mining, and recently the country seized 300 pieces of illegal BTC mining equipment. Work against miners in Argentina has been going on since last year, but they are not stopping. Crypto World believes in real criminals. Argentina is doing itself a disservice by taking action against BTC miners instead of What is your opinion on this?

Did they give any tangible reason for the crackdown on Bitcoin miners? Other countries gave reason as it consumes energy or its damaging to the environment. If mining is illegal in the country, then there must be some corruption going on to allow them access.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Bitcoin miners are facing challenges right now in different countries and I hope all of this will come to an end soon.
I think the issue Bitcoin mining is facing currently is the issue of power which affects the environment negatively. Outdated sources of power are still being used or mining consumes lots of energy.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.190
What are they cracking down on BTC miners? Is crypto illegal there? There are many countries where crypto is illegal. In my home country crypto is illegal, you will go to jail even for holding crypto.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The major reason why many countries are cracking down on bitcoin miners is simply because of energy consumption. Most bitcoin miners are using energy illegally. These illegal use of energy use to affect the energy consumption of a country. If bitcoin miners are stealing energy, it is okay to clamp them down

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
I think the issue Bitcoin mining is facing currently is the issue of power which affects the environment negatively. Outdated sources of power are still being used or mining consumes lots of energy.
Bitcoin mining is already 60% from renewable energy, but what is the reason why people say that Bitcoin is harmful? for using dirty energy when it is mostly clean, why does it use c02 release? which I don't think it does, if it's so bad for using electric energy, what about electric cars that are becoming so fashionable and that to make them work they are destroying entire ecosystems?

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.830
I could not find more informations but maybe they stole energy. Often miners connect computers directly to power grid and stole energy. Second reason can be to much drain energy even if they pay bills. Each home have limit and if you want bigger you must report it and probably open company for such needs.

Back