As a music producer, forget about instant payment, negotiate for a percentage of future revenue.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is one of the reason why most musician now look to have a manager who is going to have them to run the financial aspect of their talent to make sure they are not cheated.
It is not about being cheated. It is rather about giving up something for another. It is risky in a way but that is the way it is with all other businesses.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that this kind of arrangement secures your future and gives you passive income while you may be actively earning. It is only hungry producers that want instant payment for a potential hit song.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
Some people are just myopic. I can't have to produce a song for a top artist or even an upcoming artist that has potential and I would be asking for pay. I make a contract with you to own a part of the song.
This actually makes a lot of sense cause to be honest they can never pay you enough if the song actually goes viral. It would be best to get little percentage of it in the future.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.130
This is the best compensation plan for a music producer that has the chance to work wit A list artists that have a good chance of having big hits. You would make more from royalties than you would have ever charged for producing the song.

Back