As a young person, would you do farming business?

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Farming is one of the most lucrative engines anyone can go into presently. There is something called hydroponic farming that I want to give a try.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Farming is one of the most lucrative engines anyone can go into presently. There is something called hydroponic farming that I want to give a try.
Please can you throw more light on what hydroponic farming is ? I have been hearing about it but don't know what it is. These are all the innovations that happen when young people enter farming.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
I don't know why these youngsters consider agriculture a low business. Whereas I feel one can earn good money through farming. I know many farmers who make good money than the people who work in a private companies.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
I don't know why these youngsters consider agriculture a low business. Whereas I feel one can earn good money through farming. I know many farmers who make good money than the people who work in a private companies.
I can related with this at well. I know multi millionaire farmers. One that I know is just into poultry and he is making millions a day.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
Every person has a different mentality, most people think that if you work on a laptop and own an AC cabin then you earn well. But that's not always true.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
It is a thing of the mind. It os this mindset that is keeping my country at the level of food importation till now. Everyone want to wear starched shirt on a White collar job.
Every person has a different mentality, most people think that if you work on a laptop and own an AC cabin then you earn well. But that's not always true.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Please can you throw more light on what hydroponic farming is ? I have been hearing about it but don't know what it is. These are all the innovations that happen when young people enter farming.
It is a system of farming that involves growing crops in water instead of soil. But there are some things you need to do before you get to the needed result.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Farming is regarded as an occupation for the lowly. But the irony is that the demand for food keeps increasing. Some of our young people feel that farming is too lowly and dirty for them. They prefer posh businessses like make up and the rest.

As a young person, would you engage in farming business if given the opportunity?
I do not see anything bad in it
People are making something reasonable from the business

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
It is a system of farming that involves growing crops in water instead of soil. But there are some things you need to do before you get to the needed result.
This is why we need more young people to enter farming. They are the ones who can drive this innovations and make good money from it. Farming has truly evolved.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is why we need more young people to enter farming. They are the ones who can drive this innovations and make good money from it. Farming has truly evolved.
Yeah, it is a type of farming that needs people with a vibrant brain. People who do such usually make a lot of profit within shorter period of time compared to planting with soil.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
And what so many people don't seem i understand when they say farming business is that you don't have to be the one doing the work. You would just have to run it and employ people to work for you.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
The younger generation prefer to do white collar jobs and be tucking in their shirts with no money in their pockets than to entire farming and become a financial magnate.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The younger generation are always looking for a white-collar jobs and the see farming as a dirty job.

This is part of the reason why so many of them are very unfortunate with the kind of jobs that are doing which are not paying them very well to be able to take care of their needs.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is part of the reason why so many of them are very unfortunate with the kind of jobs that are doing which are not paying them very well to be able to take care of their needs.
They would rather prefer to do private school teaching jobs that would pay them peanuts. I just got a farmland and I am working on it. I don't even have to touch a a spade to do farming businessm

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Farming is regarded as an occupation for the lowly. But the irony is that the demand for food keeps increasing. Some of our young people feel that farming is too lowly and dirty for them. They prefer posh businessses like make up and the rest.

As a young person, would you engage in farming business if given the opportunity?
That was the conservative belief in the past. That farming was occupation for only less privilege in the society. But now, farming is now perceived as a business for only affluent people. If you don't have money, you cannot do farming. Farming has now become expensive starting from land acquisition, seeds and farm equipment purchase. Farmers no longer engaging in subsistence farming but commercial farming.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
That was the conservative belief in the past. That farming was occupation for only less privilege in the society. But now, farming is now perceived as a business for only affluent people. If you don't have money, you cannot do farming. Farming has now become expensive starting from land acquisition, seeds and farm equipment purchase. Farmers no longer engaging in subsistence farming but commercial farming.
You are very right. Nowadays, if you are not even rich, you can't do farming. I am a poultry farmer and I can tell you for free that only rich people can survive the business of poultry as it stands.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are very right. Nowadays, if you are not even rich, you can't do farming. I am a poultry farmer and I can tell you for free that only rich people can survive the business of poultry as it stands.
The truth is that if you want to venture into farming you must have enough capital. Farming comes with risks and it is very capital-intensive.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
The truth is young people feels that apart from corporate jobs that every other job is too lowly and dirty for them. So it is not just farming it is a pride thing.
Exactly, you got it right. Many of them look down on these things, waiting for a white collar job that would pay them millons. Farming is extremely lucrative and a great investment to go into.

Back