Aside from content, how do you promote a new site?

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
The primary way to help drive traffic to a new site, like a forum or blog, is by having fresh new content on it, that will entice people to want to stay longer, and potentially join. Atleast, that is the way, when you have traffic coming in already. Outside of content, how would you promote a new website?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
Your content will hold the viewers once they start visiting your site. But then the first thing would be to get them to your site. That would happen once you reach to them and advertise your site. Social media platforms are good platforms to talk about your site, market it and reach to a huge audience. Sites like Forum Coin and BMF are another good options. You have to pay a little to promote your site there.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
You can use Social media platforms as a good platforms to advertise your site, especially Facebook it is a good market to reach to a huge audience to drive traffic

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
Sometimes people pay to get their sites mentioned on the blogs and sites that are already popular..Social media platforms are best for free promotions..but if you think that your site is worth spending some money to promote, you can try the paid methods that suit your budget.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.661
Before people know that you have got a quality content in your blog website, there must be some marketing and advertising of the website to social media and other avenues that can be used to market the new site.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
You could have good content on a site, if no one knows about it then it's as good as useless. I think it would be best to keep advertising the site, get others to know more about the site and what they stand to gain from the site.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
I think that a good way to promote yourself would be to create unique and cutting-edge content, another way would be to use ads on social networks if you are active there, for example Facebook ads is very cheap to use, and it works for both facebook and instagram, another way to advertise is by finding successful sites in the same niche and hiring ads at a good price there that advertise you to generate more traffic.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Aside from fresh new content, other ways you can promote new websites, forums, or even blogs is to create backlinks to them for example if you post on forums or blogs yourself, have your link somewhere in your profile or if they allow, place a link back to your site in the signature, this helps a lot in promoting your site. Another way to promote a new site is to use promotion forums to advertise your sites. Adding your links to directories as well and even top sites can help a lot as well.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
Aside from fresh new content, other ways you can promote new websites, forums, or even blogs is to create backlinks to them for example if you post on forums or blogs yourself, have your link somewhere in your profile or if they allow, place a link back to your site in the signature, this helps a lot in promoting your site. Another way to promote a new site is to use promotion forums to advertise your sites. Adding your links to directories as well and even top sites can help a lot as well.
That's a very valuable point. A very good and effective suggestion there. Promotion forums are a great way to promote. I have seen many using that in forums like Forum Coin to promote their contents. Adding links in signature is another very effective strategy to promote your site. I have used that for my husband's blof for some time in Forum Coin and it did help bringing a lot of traffic to his site.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$4.060
I tried making backlinks. Forums should easy get it more than betting sites. Maybe you should open Twitter profile and share there new topics. Visitors from Twitter will come and read comments. Maybe they even join and become active users. If they don't, at least they will generate pageviews.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
Networking is a great way to promote and market your contents. Spend some dedicated time everyday on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. Just make more and more connections there. The more you have the connections on your friends list, more people will visit your content and increase the traffic and pageviews there.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
I tried making backlinks. Forums should easy get it more than betting sites. Maybe you should open Twitter profile and share there new topics. Visitors from Twitter will come and read comments. Maybe they even join and become active users. If they don't, at least they will generate pageviews.
Even if the visitors do not join the website then it is possible they click on some ads or even browse some pages that makes some CPM revenues from the ads and also this increases passive income from ads to your blog.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Facebook advert is easy way to get immediate traffic and kickstart your site without much stress. Once your site is properly optimized with high quality contents, leave the rest to Facebook ad to take care of. There are other good platforms like Twitter, pinterest etc

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Apart from making contents, new sites can be promoted by doing giveaways or cashback (if it's a shopping site). You can also make use of email marketing and social media advertising.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
Giveaways and cashback do attract a lot of people to the site..but then the question is whether one can afford to do that. If you can do that, it's definitely going to get a good number of traffic. These kind of offers work for commercial and shopping sites.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Sure, we all like free gifts it is always with a different kind of feeling for us. So if I get a giveaway from a site always I will keep visiting it.
Post automatically merged:

Sure, we all like free gifts it is always with a different kind of feeling for us. So if I get a giveaway from a site always I will keep visiting it.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.450
Generally speaking, if your website is new, it might get 6 months to appear on search engine rank. Therefore, you will have to look for other kinds of promotional method, my favorite method is social media promotion.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
Generally speaking, if your website is new, it might get 6 months to appear on search engine rank. Therefore, you will have to look for other kinds of promotional method, my favorite method is social media promotion.
You have made a valid point. There is no magic wand that would make it popular overnight. One has to keep up the consistency of good quality contents and constant promotion at various social media platforms. That will slowly get the traffic flowing to the site. That's how organically a website grows over a period of time. The other instant promotion strategies like paid viewership and gifts etc would need money to be spent along with time and effort.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
You have made a valid point. There is no magic wand that would make it popular overnight. One has to keep up the consistency of good quality contents and constant promotion at various social media platforms. That will slowly get the traffic flowing to the site. That's how organically a website grows over a period of time. The other instant promotion strategies like paid viewership and gifts etc would need money to be spent along with time and effort.
This is reason why most of new blogs fails because owner wants to start earning from next day where blog was hosted and he realizes after that it needs a lot of work for being achieved goal then he will have a long waiting time for 6 months and abondanate blogging whitin even first month for not seeing any revenue from ads and monetization.

Back