At what age should your child boldly introduce his girlfriend or boyfriend to you?

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.701
Raw Dex
$0.410
In some societies, there is freedom while in some societies, there is conservativeness. We know that kids start having romantic partners much earlier nowadays. But most would keep it away from their parents till when they are of age.

I am in my mid 20s and I can't boldly introduce a lady to my parents as my girlfriend because I live in a highly conservative society.

At what age do you think is ideal for your child to introduce his boyfriend or girlfriend to you as a parent?

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.660
Raw Dex
$0.000
But I thought the modern age says we should allow our kids to be free and we get to know their romantic partners so we guide them. Is it not so?
Nope, I wouldn't want to see random girls and men coming to my house in the name of girlfriends and boyfriends. I only want to be associated with the fiance and fiancee. I can still guide you without knowing the girlfriends or boyfriends

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.701
Raw Dex
$0.410
Nope, I wouldn't want to see random girls and men coming to my house in the name of girlfriends and boyfriends. I only want to be associated with the fiance and fiancee. I can still guide you without knowing the girlfriends or boyfriends
I understand you perfectly. It scares me that one boy would be making my daughter to have sleepless nights. I would rather not see him or know him.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.098
You can start having a boyfriend or girlfriend when you are ready to marry. I see no sense in dating someone when you are not even up to the age of marriage.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.660
Raw Dex
$0.000
I understand you perfectly. It scares me that one boy would be making my daughter to have sleepless nights. I would rather not see him or know him.
That's it. I wouldn't want to see different faces in my home. You know some friendships don't lead to marriage. So I want to see only the boy or girl you are talking marriage with.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.300
Raw Dex
$0.008
I do not think there should be a definite age. I would be pleased to meet with my child's girlfriend or boyfriend. Then at least I know what kind of friends s(he) is hanging around with.

Back