Balancing Money and Passion

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.870
Unless you are already making a lot of money, striking a balance between passion, family, and money-making activities is crucial. To make ends meet, you need to bring work on something that makes you a lot of money, and for that you might have to put passion on the back seat. Take the example of an artist. They face a choice: either infuse commercial value into their art or create purely for the sake of art. While commercial art can pave an easier financial path, creating art for art's sake may lead to a challenging journey devoid of buyers and income. Striking a middle ground is often the wisest approach, don't obsess over making money, yet don't get too deep to explore passion.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
These is actually one of the hardest things to do if am being honest, there are times when I give too much attention my business over my family and the likes. Having a balance is extremely important.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.870
If you can monetize your passion and if your passion has commercial value, that's great. However, if your passion does not have commercial value, you need to explore other things and try to find passion on things that make good money.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.008
The perfect scenario is you are running a business which sells product/service you are passionate about. I know some people sell models of bus, trains. The business is doing well and the owner himself has the hobby of collecting old bus models. In this case, there is no conflict. You enjoy what you do. However, in some situation, other than your business, you have other interests. Then, try to maintain a work-life balance. But I think it is important that you must have some interest in the work you do. Otherwise, you won't do it well.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
am afraid my passion, programming web sites and now I learning make mobile apps, would be come burden if I start do this for money. Right now I can do whenever I want without any obligations. I am not sure can I make balance between those two.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.050
I saw so many lucky people those turned their passion into profession. Some of them were mad on fishing and now they are doing fish business. So one can enjoy much more when turn his passion into profession.

Back