Be Terminated Upon Company's Discretion

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.300
I have a friend who was terminated without any explanations from his company. But then, he had signed a contract that a company can terminate h anytime based on their discretion. I advised him to consult a lawyer about it. At the back my mind, he cannot appeal with this concern because he signed a black-and-white contract that states they can fire him anytime. The sad part is that he was not given the reason why.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have a friend who was terminated without any explanations from his company. But then, he had signed a contract that a company can terminate h anytime based on their discretion. I advised him to consult a lawyer about it. At the back my mind, he cannot appeal with this concern because he signed a black-and-white contract that states they can fire him anytime. The sad part is that he was not given the reason why.

Top. management employees can be dispensed off immediately by mere reason. of trust and confidence issue. Rank and file cannot be terminated immediately without just reason but is given 15 days notice. I. don't think the contract is valid if it does not conform with general rule. He must consult the. department of labor and employment.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What your friend experienced is common phenomenon that happen to every workers in establishments. Take for instance in sole proprietorship business the owner feels he can employ and fires worker at will. The same thing applies in corporate organizations, it is only workers in the executive position that are terminated following official procedures.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.135
Here, a company can terminate the employment of a staff without giving any reason as long as it gives enough notice or pays the appropriate compensation as stipulated in the employment contract.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.415
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is what happens in workplaces it is very common with private or one man business. They hire and fire at will. So it isn't new you just have to be self employed.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

I don't think that any registered company is going to terminate any of their staff without any explanation or reason for it, otherwise the staff can actually sue them for breach of contract.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.415
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that as long as a company gives enough notice a company can terminate the employment of a staff with good reasons it is left tor them to pays the appropriate compensation

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You must pay the staff adequate compensation or else when you are sued, it would be bigger and it might destroy the reputation of your business. That is why all these things should be captured on employment contracts.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
You must pay the staff adequate compensation or else when you are sued, it would be bigger and it might destroy the reputation of your business. That is why all these things should be captured on employment contracts.

This is exactly how it works in most company and the company will be very stupid to actually terminate a worker without paying him or her compensation, otherwise it's going to result into a very serious legal battle.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that when a particular organization or person knows that you know your right, they won't mess with you. No job or organization has ever tried this with me.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
The company definitely have a reason for letting him go, it could be either good reasons or bad. Then i don't think there is any need calling a lawyer, since he signed a contract with them before.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The company definitely have a reason for letting him go, it could be either good reasons or bad. Then i don't think there is any need calling a lawyer, since he signed a contract with them before.

I believe that whenever a staff is been terminated, there is always a good reason to it and it's always to the betterment of the company to begin with.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is wrong to terminate a staff's employment without prior notice unless you are going to pay him a proper compensation to cushion the financial effects of the staff. That's why the appointment letter should contain terms of termination of employment.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's why it's necessary to read and understand terms and condition before entering into a job , at that point when applying for the position he may choose not to sign and then still be considered for the role.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.780

If the company made him sign a contract that allows the company to terminate him at any time without offering any reason, then the company is safe in a legal manner.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.300
If the company made him sign a contract that allows the company to terminate him at any time without offering any reason, then the company is safe in a legal manner.
This is also what I had said to him. I just felt bad that there are some companies who do this. They took advantage the situations especially during the pandemic. I hope he can find a suitable company for him.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
That's true, it's very sad, I have no respect for a company like that. Because it is very inhuman to fire employees without any reason. But it is also a valuable lesson for us to read carefully before signing the contract.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
The truth is that when a particular organization or person knows that you know your right, they won't mess with you. No job or organization has ever tried this with me.
Well said, humans tend to want to dominate, its kind of like our nature. So for most when they see someone they feel they can boss around or bully they tend to go for it. But once they see that you know your rights and you are not afraid to use it. They would stay clear.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well said, humans tend to want to dominate, its kind of like our nature. So for most when they see someone they feel they can boss around or bully they tend to go for it. But once they see that you know your rights and you are not afraid to use it. They would stay clear.
I have been in situations when I don't know what to do in the workplace when I was starting out. You have to see how I was ridden over and molested. As I grew and they realized that I know my left from right, they started respecting me a whole lot.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
I have been in situations when I don't know what to do in the workplace when I was starting out. You have to see how I was ridden over and molested. As I grew and they realized that I know my left from right, they started respecting me a whole lot.
This is not strange for someone who is just starting up because it is bound to happen.

Back