Benefits of having part time workers in your workplace

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
If you are an employer you can think of having more part time workers before of the following reasons

There's flexibility of work schedule with part time workers. You can reschedule them for jobs at any given time.

it is cost effective for the company as you are going to spend less on them unlike full time employees

You would always have seasonal supporting hands to tackle available work load

Add yours

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One disadvantage of having many part time workers is that the bulk of your staff members won't be attached to the business and this can affect loyalty. Generally, part time staff are not loyal.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
You are correct part time staff are not loyal. I have noticed this habit in them where I previously worked. Whatever happens in the workplace isn't their business which is bad.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are correct part time staff are not loyal. I have noticed this habit in them where I previously worked. Whatever happens in the workplace isn't their business which is bad.
It is not bad. It is not possible to be committed to about 4 or 5 organizations that you are working in. Usually, they are always only committed to the highest paying job.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.735
One disadvantage of having many part time workers is that the bulk of your staff members won't be attached to the business and this can affect loyalty. Generally, part time staff are not loyal.
I agree with you. Although it is also a win-win situation for the company. They do not need to give them more compensations because they do not have contracts agreed upon certain things. Some companies love having subcontract workers.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.040
Full time workers have their concerns with their performance based future facilities as if they show good work they will get promotion, on the other hand the part time worker has mind set to earn and move so it's difficult for them to be loyal.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The concern of part time workers is just to complete their routine and move to the next organization they are supposed to work. They only manage to be concerned about the organization that pays them the highest..

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
Aptly stayed part time workers are just about their money. Their work is just to complete their routine and move to the next organization because they need to complete their daily routine

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Aptly stayed part time workers are just about their money. Their work is just to complete their routine and move to the next organization because they need to complete their daily routine
They are just like paid to post platform workers that just want to meet up their daily limit on one site and move to the next site to do same.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.250
Raw Dex
$0.008
I noted that many start-ups and SMEs here hire part-time accountant and programmers. They need these professionals to do the job but cannot afford to pay the salary of a full time staff. There are also companies which hire part-time workers to manage changes in peak demands.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
That's the problem I see with some companies they hire part time professionals to do the job because they cannot afford to pay the salary of a full time staff.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's the problem I see with some companies they hire part time professionals to do the job because they cannot afford to pay the salary of a full time staff.
Like @Springtime said, those professionals are brought in by startups at their initial stages on part time basis because the business can't afford to keep them. It is absolutely normal. As the business grows, they should think of having this professionals as permanent staff. It is important if desired results would be met.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
Yesh that's the whole essence of having Part time workers . They come in to hold brief and put in a shift in a position where the business can't afford to pay full time.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If you are an employer you can think of having more part time workers before of the following reasons

There's flexibility of work schedule with part time workers. You can reschedule them for jobs at any given time.

it is cost effective for the company as you are going to spend less on them unlike full time employees

Add yours

Add yours
Making use of part time workers will always give you a better chance of not paying heavily because they are usually hired to be paid less.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.735
Not part-time but we need to hire temporary employees when we have excessive work load
I noticed that most local government agencies do this in my country. I was surprised that they do not want to compensate workers in short-term contracts. They do not even want to give hazard pay.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
That's right employers get part time workers to help out with the workload because they are usually hired to be paid less. They will not need to even spend money on incentives

MANASHA

Unfamiliar
Feb 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Part-time employees might help your company be more flexible. They can be booked on an as-needed basis, enabling you to adapt your personnel in response to variations in market, seasonal swings, or other variables affecting your company's operations.

Cost-Effective: Employing part-time employees can save your company money. Businesses can save money on payroll, insurance, and other employee-related expenditures since part-time employees usually spend fewer hours at work than full-time employees.

Back