Building a Business vs Investing in Stocks, Which Do You Prefer?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Out there, many people are confused when they face the choice to choose to build a business or invest in stocks, because both of them also take a long time to make a profit, and also have a high risk. On the other hand, the potential for business profits can be greater than investing in long-term stocks. But the capital to start investing in stocks can be smaller and done regularly, while the business capital will be much larger. Doing business requires skill and experience and you have to work without working hours, while investing in stocks will be more relaxed if you choose to invest in stock mutual funds.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
I prefer to put my money on starting a business as against investing in stocks. With a business, I have some level of control on the outcome while stocks is completely out of my control

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Well, for me for some reasons I will prefer to go for a business I know I will do better with a business thsn investing in stocks that I might not be too good with it.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
It would largely depend on the age I am at the material time. If I am much older, I would invest on stocks for lack of strength. If I am still young and agile, I would invest in a business.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Out there, many people are confused when they face the choice to choose to build a business or invest in stocks, because both of them also take a long time to make a profit, and also have a high risk. On the other hand, the potential for business profits can be greater than investing in long-term stocks. But the capital to start investing in stocks can be smaller and done regularly, while the business capital will be much larger. Doing business requires skill and experience and you have to work without working hours, while investing in stocks will be more relaxed if you choose to invest in stock mutual funds.

Having a business is also very important and one of the reason why it is very important is that it's something that will always be there for your future generation to tap in to the success of the business.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Having a business is also very important and one of the reason why it is very important is that it's something that will always be there for your future generation to tap in to the success of the business.
In the other way round what if your progenies come and mismanage the business and it collapses? The best thing to do is to have a balance of both on case anything happens.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
If I am going to spiel my answer with this concern, I prefer to create my own business. The second option is not my cup of tea. I am not ready to indulge with stocks per se.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I prefer to build my own business to investing in stocks. This is because if I am able to build a successful business he can send me financially free. but investing in stocks can only give me some profits

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I prefer invest in dividend paying blue chip stocks. This is a great source of passive income. I am not prepared to start a business because I do not have a good business idea in mind. Also, running a business requires a lot of commitment and can be stressful. I am happy working as a freelancer right now.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
As far as I am concerned, I would prefer building a business over investing in stocks. This is simply because a business is likely to generate profits daily while with stocks you only get some dividends once in the whole year.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
I would pick my own business over stocks. What is your own is your own. You can make adjustments as time goes by. With stocks, you are stuck to the whims and caprices of the management of the business.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is always better to build your own business but the truth is that not everyone have that knowledge. People that do not have knowledge to build their own businesses can actually invest in stocks.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
it is always better to build your own business but the truth is that not everyone have that knowledge. People that do not have knowledge to build their own businesses can actually invest in stocks.
This is a good analogy. While it is best to build your own business, if you don't want to take risks, you can play the safer option by investing and having rest of mind.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is a good analogy. While it is best to build your own business, if you don't want to take risks, you can play the safer option by investing and having rest of mind.
Yes, the simple truth is that not everyone will become a business owner. some people do not have what it takes to run successful businesses and their best bet is investing in stocks.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
I really like to invest in stocks to tell the truth, but if I have to choose I would choose to open my own business, but I think you can do both at the same time and try to profit from both.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is possible to do the both of them and maximise profit. But in a situation whereby you have to choose one then building your business is a better choice.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
Yes, I think that first you should choose to first open your business and obtain profit and returns from there, when you have already done so you can think about other types of investments.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In the other way round what if your progenies come and mismanage the business and it collapses? The best thing to do is to have a balance of both on case anything happens.

If they decide to bankrupt business, they are actually the one that are going to suffer it because I have already lived in my life and left everything for them to take care of.

Back