Can a business still be successful after the owner's death?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Many people believe a business would not be able to survive after the death of the original owner, especially in a situation where the late owner does not have a child to take over the business. Personally i believe a business can still survive and even do better after the death of the owner, irrespective of who takes over the business be it the child or anyone else. Its just a matter of having someone that shares the same vision as you.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.300
Of course it can. If strategy was good and it is continued business will keep. Also new owners can be good owners and just keep make money with good calls.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Of course it can. If strategy was good and it is continued business will keep. Also new owners can be good owners and just keep make money with good calls.
It will surely succeed as long as the successor of the business knows how to run the business very well and also employs people who are very good at handling that particular business

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Many people believe a business would not be able to survive after the death of the original owner, especially in a situation where the late owner does not have a child to take over the business. Personally i believe a business can still survive and even do better after the death of the owner, irrespective of who takes over the business be it the child or anyone else. Its just a matter of having someone that shares the same vision as you.
Puting someone by your side when running a business would ensure the continuity of the business when such person is dead ,since he already know how it is being run ..

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
From what I have observed, this business usually experiences setbacks and bankruptcy so that it stops after the owner dies. Usually because their successors lack the knowledge or skills to continue their business, some of them do not have someone willing to continue their business. Although there are businesses that continue to run even though the owner has died. It all depends on how the next generation tries to continue its business.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
From what I have observed, this business usually experiences setbacks and bankruptcy so that it stops after the owner dies. Usually because their successors lack the knowledge or skills to continue their business, some of them do not have someone willing to continue their business. Although there are businesses that continue to run even though the owner has died. It all depends on how the next generation tries to continue its business.

I think that the success of any business depends on how the successors of the business handle the business in the first place. Most of the time, many people may have to create the right kind of plan as they have already inherited wealth.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think that the success of any business depends on how the successors of the business handle the business in the first place. Most of the time, many people may have to create the right kind of plan as they have already inherited wealth.

That's right, business success depends on the manager. If managers can run well as they should, then the business will continue to run and even grow rapidly.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think a business can still be successful after the owner passed if the successor is good at running the business. S(he) may also hire talented professionals to help manage the business.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think a business success is greatly tied to the owner.if it's a sole proprietorship business then it would die with it's owner.
And if the business it in a crucial period the possibility of it succeeding is low

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
It's very clear that most times, businesses fail with the death or exit of the owner. Most times, people who take over cannot be as committed to the business, or lack the skills and experience the owner had.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yes of course. If you have a system and good structure, even if you die, the business will keep functioning very well. Death won't stop the business.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Why not because it's, not the owner who is working its the employees and other department heads that are working day and night and they can still keep the business profitable

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is why every business person must deliberately build succession at all times. If you have a thriving business, be sure you have brought on board professionals that would be able to man the business in your absence.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
I think the plan will be changed and everything by the new owner. It will also be crucial if the new owner lacks the passion of it, and lacks experience. That business surely dies too.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think the plan will be changed and everything by the new owner. It will also be crucial if the new owner lacks the passion of it, and lacks experience. That business surely dies too.
That is why you start grooming someone for that position early enough so that the person can understand the principles of the business from a long time coming. I believe in building leaders in business.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is why you start grooming someone for that position early enough so that the person can understand the principles of the business from a long time coming. I believe in building leaders in business.
Yeah, especially a family member or even your child if he is of age for the continuity of the laid down legacy , business done I'm this way continues freely without much being changed in the mode at which it's run but innovations.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many people who simply fail to manage business after the death of their owner and they end up liquidating the business or selling the business to someone else, as I have seen this happening in many cases.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.648
The answer for this thread can either be a yes or no depending on the business successors after the death of the business founder. Skilled and experienced successors would even take the business far while the poor business managers would collapse the business.

Back