Can a landlord enter a tenant's apartment?

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There's no way my landlord would enter my house without my approval. I'm paying rent and as long as my rent is active, I own the house.
Probably, unless you give the landlord permission, he or she does not have the right to enter your house as long as you are paying rent. It is when you don't pay rent that the landlord has the right to do so.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
When getting into a lease agreement, both the parties ( the tenant and the landlord) have to set the rules and regulations clearly. We have two apartments on rent. I have never entered my tenant's home without seeking their permission. It's a basic courtesy to call someone before barging into their home. They are paying rent to stay in that place and deserve all privacy.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah, I think making agreement with the landlord before you rent the house is very important and necessary. It will prevent a lot of quarrels in the future.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Yeah, I think making agreement with the landlord before you rent the house is very important and necessary. It will prevent a lot of quarrels in the future.
I would agree there. Both parties have to sit together and sort out the agreement. The interest of both parties should be taken into consideration before drafting a legal rental agreement. That will prevent a lots of confusions and conflicts later. No one wants to have a bad rapport with their tenant or with their landlord.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
I think the landlord violated the privacy of the apartment occupant. It is better if the occupant is present at the time of the landlord's entry. The owner may be called a trespasser. The occupant pays for the space. The landlord lacks manners.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would agree there. Both parties have to sit together and sort out the agreement. The interest of both parties should be taken into consideration before drafting a legal rental agreement. That will prevent a lots of confusions and conflicts later. No one wants to have a bad rapport with their tenant or with their landlord.
You're right, that is the right step in the right direction. Having an agreement is always important and necessary to avoid confusion and arguments in the future.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The moment issues you a receipt for rent payment, you are the owner of that property unless you violate the rental contract and the landlord can substantially prove that you did that.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In this case I think there needs to be an understanding between the landlord and the tenant for the landlord owns the property but after renting it out he has no business to infringe on the privacy of his or her tenants.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
He has to take express permission from you before entering the apartment, and you have the right to deny him the permission. I have seen some landlords encroach into tenants' apartment.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
The landlord can enter the tenant's apartment if there is something wrong; however, it must be under the permission and supervision of the renter. But in case of an emergency like fire that originates in the renter's apartment and the renter wasn't around the owner can enter to stop the fire.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The landlord can enter the tenant's apartment if there is something wrong; however, it must be under the permission and supervision of the renter. But in case of an emergency like fire that originates in the renter's apartment and the renter wasn't around the owner can enter to stop the fire.
That's an emergency situation that needs saving. Beyond that, a landlord cannot enter a tenants apartment without the supervision of the landlord else he can be sued for trespass.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
That's an emergency situation that needs saving. Beyond that, a landlord cannot enter a tenants apartment without the supervision of the landlord else he can be sued for trespass.
The landlord can't be sued for a trespassing if it's very necessarily to get inside for emergency purpose especially if there are renters around waiting for the fire to stop in case the fire originates from one renter's.

Back