Can Company Benefit from Free Food?

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
There are companies or employers that offer free food to their employees. Free meal or free snacks.

At my work, they offer free snacks to employees. We have two offices that we rent in a co-working space. The two offices have one fridge each to keep the drinks and milk cold. We also have cookies, chips, instant noodles, chocolates, mixed nuts, cereals and others. We have a monthly budget for it.

But I wonder what benefits can the company get from it? I think there are benefits to having this in place in an organization. The fact that they have started it, they saw something that we have not experienced before. Or they have experienced some turnovers so they had to think of a better employee engagement program. Or maybe they have good experience with employee retention so they have to maintain what they already started in the first place.

If this kind of initiative was well-planned, for sure they will succeed.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$6.963
Am not so sure about what the companies benefit from it though, probably its also a way to keep their workers and to ensure they are in a good working environment.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.005
I have not seen in my country. However, when I was working in an American company in China, they offered free meals to their employees.

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$3.020
Raw Dex
$0.510
Providing free meals or snacks can lead to increased productivity as employees can focus more on their work without having to worry about meal planning or leaving the office to grab food.

Rubz

Notable
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.385
The company do not benefit any monetary profit from giving free food to their employees. That doesn't mean they don't benefit at all. The benefit increased productivity from their employees.

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.778
Some companies give top priority to this, especially when they genuinely care about their employees' well-being. They strive to ensure their employees are happy and fulfilled in their roles, particularly if the employees are committed to driving the company's success.

Back