Can passive income be used as a retirement strategy, and what factors should I consider?

Desireu30b

Somewhat Known
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
Can passive income be used as a retirement strategy, and what factors should I consider?

Yes, passive income can serve as a retirement strategy. Factors to consider include:
  1. Reliability: Ensure income streams are stable and consistent.
  2. Diversification: Spread investments across various sources to manage risk.
  3. Inflation: Account for rising living costs by choosing income sources that adjust with inflation.
  4. Longevity: Plan for income sustainability throughout retirement years.
  5. Taxation: Understand tax implications for income streams.
THESE ARE SIMPLE FOR YOU TO KNOW RIGHT?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.560
Raw Dex
$0.008
It's always good to have a stable passive income after you retire. Some people buy Annuity to ensure that they have regular and stable income when they retire. Some have real estates and get property rental which is a great source of passive income.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Reliability is indeed important, but its not always easy to predict how markets or businesses might change over the years. Diversification helps, sure, but its also important to really understand the industries youre investing in. And as for inflation, totally agreed things can get pricier over time. Just remember, not all passive income sources adjust automatically, so choosing the right ones matters.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240

Yes, passive income can serve as a retirement strategy. Factors to consider include:
  1. Reliability: Ensure income streams are stable and consistent.
  2. Diversification: Spread investments across various sources to manage risk.
  3. Inflation: Account for rising living costs by choosing income sources that adjust with inflation.
  4. Longevity: Plan for income sustainability throughout retirement years.
  5. Taxation: Understand tax implications for income streams.
THESE ARE SIMPLE FOR YOU TO KNOW RIGHT?
You are very right about how long the passive income will take but I think it will be very good if it will be so long as long as they are going to pay us because that is the main thing

Rubz

Somewhat Known
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe passive income can be used as a retirement strategy. It all depends on the particular type of passive income. For example, real estate investment can be used as a passive income strategy.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Passive income can be used as a means of gaining income after retirement, but i think it would be best to not just rely on that. I have always been the type to always want to have more than once source of income.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.073
Of course yes that can be used as the retirement strategy. However you should make sure that you invest in a vivid passive income sources like the real estate and property management industry.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.170
It's always good to have a stable passive income after you retire. Some people buy Annuity to ensure that they have regular and stable income when they retire. Some have real estates and get property rental which is a great source of passive income.
People who are getting rentals could for example not work as they have income from renting real estate and so it is a good source of passive income.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Just because you retire does not excuse you from the responsibility of overseeing your income, no matter what the source is I retired 23 years ago, but I still take an active part in managing my passive income.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.170
Just because you retire does not excuse you from the responsibility of overseeing your income, no matter what the source is I retired 23 years ago, but I still take an active part in managing my passive income.
It depends on your health situation and ability to work because sometimes you cannot do things like previously when you were younger than that age. Because each age period has its specificity.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion, passive income can be a strategy for preparing retirement funds. What we need to pay attention to is looking for sources of passive income that give us decent profits so that we can support living costs when we retire.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion, passive income can be a strategy for preparing retirement funds. What we need to pay attention to is looking for sources of passive income that give us decent profits so that we can support living costs when we retire.
Fortunately for me, working in the United States accumulates Social Security that does a pretty decent job and includes dissability insurance if you need it. If you can manage to stay debt free it can cover your basic living costs and by adding a little Internet Income it provides a comfortable lifestyle.

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.743
Passive income streams like real estate serve as a good source of income to live by during retirement. I think it is the only passive income stream that can be used to reliably earn consistently at retirement.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.670
Raw Dex
$0.300
I like passive income as you don't sometimes have to do much to make money. You just allow your money work for you. it is good to use it as retirement plan

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.060
Mostly when people retire they won't remain able to do normal job, as their age problems don't permit them to do so. So it's better to plan for that age from now, the pension don't remain sufficient to meet your expenses. So if you have your passive source of income then you can manage so many things easily.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If we have good source of passive income which doesn't need that much work and that much time then it could be a good idea and a good financial source for a retirement. and yeah it will be a good idea.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.670
Raw Dex
$0.300
We just need a Passive income stream as a source of income at retirement as we might not want to do more work. we can go for like real estate it serve as a good source of income

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.908
Indeed. I'm starting to have a few different passive income streams because of this, so I will have money before I retire. Since I work online, I am not eligible for health benefits, thus I also need to save money for emergencies.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$0.050
Retirement means you are no longer working, when you are no longer working what ever income you have left is all passive income or residual income. For instance, if you receive a pension, it is residual income, if you receive dividends on your stocks, you are receiving passive income.

olaniyi

Unfamiliar
Jun 10, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I feel it depend on what type of passive source of income you have, if it a type of income that bring enough money that can satisfy your need after retirement

Back