Can Someone Be A Graphic Designer Without Learning It?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.743
Some people are very talented and they can make some designs even without learning each and some of those people always believe that there is no need for them to have any formal training or informal training in graphic design.

Well, I don't agree with them because they will make more money and be more skilled if they learn more. Having a talent does not mean that they should not learn more.

What is your opinion?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
I know that there is no way you can be a graphic designer without having this skill but there are some people who are talented and they can only decide to learn more if the
Yes, and it will be funny what the person would do committing himself to do designing without skills in it. It is a big slap on his face.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
It's a professional skill and one has to learn it. I agree that some people might have a natural talent, interest and inclination for it. But that's not sufficient. One has to learn and refine it more to have a professional touch.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
It's a professional skill and one has to learn it. I agree that some people might have a natural talent, interest and inclination for it. But that's not sufficient. One has to learn and refine it more to have a professional touch.
So true, it cannot be done through imagination.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.743
Yes, and it will be funny what the person would do committing himself to do designing without skills in it. It is a big slap on his face.
It is always advisable and better to keep learning whatever you know so that you are going to be able to be familiar with the new ideas about that business in town

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
So true, it cannot be done through imagination.
It's a creative field and does require a lot of imagination. Imagination comes naturally to many and so they might be more suited for this kind of job. But being naturally creative and imaginative is not good enough to launch oneself professionally. The courses would help them hone their natural skills and also add value to the resume.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.743
It's a creative field and does require a lot of imagination. Imagination comes naturally to many and so they might be more suited for this kind of job. But being naturally creative and imaginative is not good enough to launch oneself professionally. The courses would help them hone their natural skills and also add value to the resume.
Hmm
You have a good pont. Should we now say that some people are talented in the imaginary aspect and they still need to learn how to be a graphic designer itself?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
That is so right, no one can make a shortcut in designing unless the person s gifted so talented that everything will be seen in the mind, but it could be a very rare situation. All designers skilled themselves through education.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.743
That is so right, no one can make a shortcut in designing unless the person s gifted so talented that everything will be seen in the mind, but it could be a very rare situation. All designers skilled themselves through education.
I believe that those who are talented may only becable to do it better than others but it does not mean that they will not go for any training at all
They may only be able to do it faster than others.

Desireu30b

Somewhat Known
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
SOMEONE CAN BE A DESIGNER WITHOUT BEING EDUCATED SURE... I BOOST WITH MY FULL CHEST, YOU SHOULD SAY FOR ONE TO BE RELEVANT IN THE FIELD OF GRAPHIC DESIGNING ONE MUST GO LEARN MORE...
WHAT IF I ASK YOU THE FIRST PERSON TO DEVELOP OR DESIGN SOMETHING WAS NOT TAUGHT BY ANYONE BUT THROUGH IMAGINATION IT WAS BIRTHED.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Anyone can say they are a graphics designer but having the skills to actually be able to complete the work you take on to the standard those who hire you would want is going to be difficult without skills.

Those who are serious about graphics design will have worked hard to have the skills needed to be able to complete the work to a standard customers would be happy with.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.018
Yes, like myself for example, i started my graphic design journey without learning from anywhere. I downloaded some apps and I was putting words and pictures together to form something nice but there was a limit to what i could do and my designs where no where near professional. In other to be able to compete i had to pay for classes and learn properly. So while you can start graphic designing without learning, it is impossible to survive in this field without learning.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$3.030
In order to become a graphic designer you need skills with graphic designing software or tools and the ability to draw and illustrate. You can self-learn these skills and become a good designer.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.075
Of course yes. They can really be graphic designers without learning it but they can be more perfect when they learn it professionally. I know of many people that are really perfect but they didn't go to school.

You

Somewhat Known
May 12, 2023
Dex
$0.890
Raw Dex
$0.003
While artistic talent can provide a baseline ability, true mastery of graphic design requires extensive learning. From technical skills like typography and software proficiency to composition methods and color theory, deliberate practice of diverse design techniques and principles is essential for effectively visualizing creative concepts.

Back