Can the governments track crypto?

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the reasons why cryptocurrencies are so popular is that governments can't monitor your property as much and you have more privacy, but is it really impossible to track crypto? I did some research and found out that Bitcoin is traceable. I don't know much about other coins. what do you think? If you have information about this, please share

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Yes, I think it can, but it depends on which cryptocurrencies, there is an entity called linkinglion that is supposed to come from the US and has been linking bitcoin addresses with IP addresses for a long time.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
Well, I will discuss Bitcoin first, every transaction that is made will be recorded on the blockchain, so that anyone/the government will easily follow the trail of where the transaction is going, how many transactions are, but don't know who owns it, but after the Bitcoin holder transfers it to the exchange then the government will soon find out who owns it. For example you have 1000 Btc stored on Binance your government will recognize you as the owner.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.313
Raw Dex
$0.001
Well, I will discuss Bitcoin first, every transaction that is made will be recorded on the blockchain, so that anyone/the government will easily follow the trail of where the transaction is going, how many transactions are, but don't know who owns it, but after the Bitcoin holder transfers it to the exchange then the government will soon find out who owns it. For example you have 1000 Btc stored on Binance your government will recognize you as the owner.
I think the kyc policy that is done by the centralised exchange would make government to track your crypto transaction.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
KYC is one of the identities where users come from, there are also many exchanges that report user wealth for taxes to the government where the exchange operates, so indirectly the exchange will disclose each user's identity.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.313
Raw Dex
$0.001
KYC is one of the identities where users come from, there are also many exchanges that report user wealth for taxes to the government where the exchange operates, so indirectly the exchange will disclose each user's identity.
This is why so many people do not like to use the centralized exchange platform to carry out their cryptocurrency transactions.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
This is why so many people do not like to use the centralized exchange platform to carry out their cryptocurrency transactions.
You are right, if we want privacy, we should not use CEX to store our crypto, because the CEX exchange is under government supervision, and if something happens, the government can work with CEX owners to freeze user crypto.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.478
I think it's a little bit easier for the government to trace the user's Crypto currency, This is because the users for Binace for instance normal do KYC verification with the government issued identify card and personal details.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.300
Yes it is possible. How some people discovered wallet address from whales they can track everybody. One time you will give name and address and it will stay forever somewhere written.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
Instead of KYC, it is our ID card, which is stored on the CEX exchange, so that any of our activities in crypto transactions, even if we use mixers and coin privacy, will eventually enter the exchange, and be known by the government.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the reasons why cryptocurrencies are so popular is that governments can't monitor your property as much and you have more privacy, but is it really impossible to track crypto? I did some research and found out that Bitcoin is traceable. I don't know much about other coins. what do you think? If you have information about this, please share
One of the reasons why the government are angry and are trying to see to the down fall of crypto currency is the fact that they cannot monitor the assets of the people which they can do with the use of only the local bank system of the country.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The kyc policies that are engaged on by most of the cryptocurrency exchange platform makes it much more easier for government to trace any kind of cryptocurrency transactions that is related to scam.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
This is a heavily debated topic, but generally, wallets should not be tracked easily back to the owners. You can see what goes on in the wallet, but you won't know who owns it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Nobody can track crypto to know who owns it. There is a reason you only need a Wallet address to send cryptocurrency to another person. . Transactions can be tracked on the Blockchain by anyone though m

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Crypto is trackable if the holder is converting the amount to fiat currency and transferring to bank account or vice versa. Otherwise it is difficult to track small transactions especially on faucetpay.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.478
For me I have never been in to the Crypto currency venture therefore I don't have ideas whether the government can have that access to my crypto though I heard that some exchanges would do that on behalf of their users.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.300
Every network provider tracks your online activity including your IP address. If goverment ask those informations about you, they provide it right away otherwise they will pay fine for hidding informations.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Your network provider can't track your transactions on the Blockchain. It is other users of the Blockchain that can track you. If the government wants to track crypto transactions, they can be tracked in the Blockchain to the wallets and not IP address or location.
Every network provider tracks your online activity including your IP address. If goverment ask those informations about you, they provide it right away otherwise they will pay fine for hidding informations.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my view, all cryptocurrencies are traceable by governments. What matters is the level of interest a particular government has toward a cryptocurrency platform or a user of this platform. With the right tools, a government can perform tracking.

Back