can you allow your employees work without supervision?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.258
Someone once told an entrepreneur can boldly say his or her business is growing when it has reached the point where they do not have to be around before it can function. And to some extent it actually makes sense. But then again as a business owner would you be willing to leave your workers unsupervised, do you trust them to that extent?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Tracee1

Unfamiliar
Dec 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.260
well leaving trust aside my anxiety alone will not allow such privileges, cause am the type that always want to see what's being done in order to avoid stories that touches.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.430
It seems not right to leave my business without supervision unless there is a manager to manage while I am away for a vacation for example. Once the owner is not around, the workers may do monkey business.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Someone once told an entrepreneur can boldly say his or her business is growing when it has reached the point where they do not have to be around before it can function. And to some extent it actually makes sense. But then again as a business owner would you be willing to leave your workers unsupervised, do you trust them to that extent?

There is no way it is realistic for any business owner to allow his workers or employees to work without supervision because most people will take it for granted and not take their job seriously.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For my kind of business, you have to constantly supervise the business because the margins for success and failure is very slim. And you won't do anything to the employees if they make a mistake and the business fails.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I can leave my assistant for a while and I am sure he would run the studio without any lapses. That's because he has been following us closely and has demonstrated competence in the things he has been given.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.005
If I find the employee a trustworthy person and s(he) has worked for the company for a long time, I would allow him/her to work without my supervision. I would request the progress of his/her work from time to time.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$3.580
I actually work without supervision. I am teacher and in my shift we have another 8 teachers at least and my boss can't supervise everybody in real time. She visit our hours one time per year.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I can allow a few of them to work without a supervisor maybe because they must have been working with me for long and I already know how they do their jobs because I trust them

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$3.580
Since my boss can't supervise us all time I have big autonomy and this is main part which I like on my work (with free weekends and without night shifts).

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.855
Nowadays peoples are no longer interested in the jobs, they are after money. That's why they would tend to not work at all on the work without supervision strategy for sure.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Actually, workers do not need to be supervised continuously, besides this it will make them less free to carry out activities or complete work, they will also think that we as business owners do not believe in the abilities of employees.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is obviously not every staff that you would allow to work without supervision. They are some that have displayed high level of competence to work without supervision. I have two staff that I know can work without supervision.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have only one staff and the job he does is not something technical that he needs supervision.. The only worry is if he would siphon some of the day's revenue but I don't even care about that.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If I find the employee a trustworthy person and s(he) has worked for the company for a long time, I would allow him/her to work without my supervision. I would request the progress of his/her work from time to time.

Even though you have trust in your worker, I would also recommend that every once in a while you have to supervise what they are doing so that you know they are not betraying your trust.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.305
Actually there is a catch in that saying. It's ideal situation where your business has reached a point where it can go without your supervision. You can save that energy and time in other things that ensures more productivity and profitability. It means not a complete absence from supervision but minimum quality involvement. If you are a good leader and smart entrepreneur, you would have groomed people under you who can carry forward the game. You will be involved but not breaking your head on every little things to be taken care of. Your trusted and well groomed employees will take care of that with timely little guidance from you.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.430
If there is an assistant he or she can manage the business without the business' owners presence. However it must not be a whole day leave. It's delicate.

Back