Can you keep money in PayPal?

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I will never leave a huge amount of money on my PayPal account because PayPal can actually be very stupid when it comes to putting someone's money on hold.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.618
Lol i do not know about that, but i doubt i would be willing to keep money there, i would rather use my normal bank account or an e-wallet to keep my money.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
Indians cannot hold their money in their PayPal account. I remember that two decades back when I started my journey with Paypal, I could accumulate my money there,. We had to submit a request thers for withdrawal to our bank account. But in the last few years with new government regulations, our money is automatically transferred within two working days to our bank account. We don't need to send any request.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.350
I am from Europe and I can hold money as much I want. Right now I have some money in PayPal wallet but I will spend it in next days. I must pay for domain renewal.

spiderdust

Complete Stranger
Nov 11, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Here in the US, I can let money build up in my PayPal account. I don't recommend it though! It will earn interest in a savings account and I can easily transfer money from my savings account to PayPal when I need to.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
In the countries where you can accumulate money in your PayPal account, you can do that if they charge any fees for transferring it to your bank. It might be wise to transfer a big amount to pay for less fees( if they charge it).
But if there is no charge for withdrawal, it is wise to transfer it to the bank. You can earn interest in the bank account.

bestwriter

Somewhat Known
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$5.155
Raw Dex
$0.085
In the good old days PayPal let us save our money until Government of India brought it that rule of transferring it to our bank account .

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.640
While it is possible to leave your funds in your PayPal account, it may not be the wisest decision. It is recommended that you transfer the funds to your bank account for a more reliable storage option.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
That's a valid point. It does not make sense to keep accumulating money in the PayPal account if one does not get any benefit or interest on the accumulated money there. It is better to get the money in your bank's savings account where you can earn some interest on it.
I find it convenient that being an Indian, I don't have to make any withdrawal request to PayPal. The money is automatically transferred to my bank account.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
For me l have been keeping my money on the PayPal account and l have never experienced anything alarming so far.
PayPal is a trusted name and you can stay assured about that. I have an account there since the last twenty years and I have never faced any issues with it. Earlier we could retain our money there and request for withdrawal. The point is that you don't earn any interest by putting your money in the PayPal account. So, most people prefer to transfer it to their savings account. In the bank saving accounts, they can earn interest.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I think people in the top Sierra countries are usually opportunity to make use of paper but it is not allowed here
Here in the US, I can let money build up in my PayPal account. I don't recommend it though! It will earn interest in a savings account and I can easily transfer money from my savings account to PayPal when I need to.
I think people in the top-tier countries are usually opportunity to make use of PayPal but it is not allowed here so there is no reason to make use of it or try to save with it

Back