CBDC banned in Florida

Yugocean

Notable
Jun 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Governor Ronald Dion DeSantis of Florida has signed the Bill that bans CBDC (digital dollar) in the state, officially banning the Federal government's digital currency in the State for privacy issues.

Florida's decision may encourage other states as well. Several states in the US have pro-Bitcoin governments, and increasing pressure from agencies could provide an opportunity for a waning crypto industry.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.300
He blocked Federal currency? How is this possible? I had idea stuff are defined for entire US (all federal countrys) and it can be blocked by federal authority like Congress or other federal agency.

Yugocean

Notable
Jun 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
He blocked Federal currency? How is this possible? I had idea stuff are defined for entire US (all federal countrys) and it can be blocked by federal authority like Congress or other federal agency.

CBDC is not Federal currency. The state bill deals with UCC, which gives power to state on its funds, and use of money. Thats is old power, and no one during that time was aware of any crypto, State used that power only

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
There are a lot of people who have concerns about the privacy issues that central bank digital currencies may pose.
CBDC's also stand for all that cryptocurrency is trying to fight.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
In Europe digital Euro is presented in June, they are in rush to implement this thing in the European Union, if i am not obligated to use it i am not gonna do it

Back