Question Charged for thread deletion without any information?

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
From what I can see, they are catching up on a number of reports of topics being posted in the wrong place, that were reported over this past week. A few topics I reported for being in the wrong place, are no longer there.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
From what I can see, they are catching up on a number of reports of topics being posted in the wrong place, that were reported over this past week. A few topics I reported for being in the wrong place, are no longer there.
That's fine. We are ok with that but a small update on why it's being deducted will only make things better

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$2.480
Raw Dex
$0.000
I never noticed it ever since joined the site. Maybe the admin is getting stricter nowadays and that's fine too. But that's not fair if the user doesn't get the season for deletion of a post or comment as that will help a user not to repeat that mistake again in the future.

Jordan

Former Owner - Surpreme Overlord
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.030
Hi Everyone,

Most of the moderation happens by the moderation team.
I will periodically do some moderation actions if it requires urgent care. However, for the most part, I leave them for the team so I can focus on the site itself.

In regards to the subject at hand, @Ginger it looks like one of your threads was deleted due to it being a duplicate. (Same thread being posted twice)

I'll mention to the team that perhaps they should alert the members as to why an action was taken so the member can even learn from it :)

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$7.000
Raw Dex
$0.660
Sorry to hear about it @Ginger for having deducted. it might be a misunderstanding. I am thankful I have not experienced being deducted. We have to think of topics that are unique and hard to be duplicated. :cautious:

Joshua Farrell

Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
Sorry to hear about it @Ginger for having deducted. it might be a misunderstanding. I am thankful I have not experienced being deducted. We have to think of topics that are unique and hard to be duplicated. :cautious:
The topic itself was a duplicate of a topic that Ginger made, just a few minutes before. Basically what one would guess, is that there was a connection error, and the post button was pushed twice due to how slow things were connection wise, and the same topic ended up being posted twice because of it.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$7.000
Raw Dex
$0.660
The topic itself was a duplicate of a topic that Ginger made, just a few minutes before. Basically what one would guess, is that there was a connection error, and the post button was pushed twice due to how slow things were connection wise, and the same topic ended up being posted twice because of it.
Thank you so much for your clarification, I have not seen or read that topic. It would also serve as an alarm for everyone. I also had written here about wine in December and saw 2 members still writing about wine selling hehehe.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$2.480
Raw Dex
$0.000
The topic itself was a duplicate of a topic that Ginger made, just a few minutes before. Basically what one would guess, is that there was a connection error, and the post button was pushed twice due to how slow things were connection-wise, and the same topic ended up being posted twice because of it.

I usually check the same while starting a thread, I know it's not good to replicate the thread on any of the forum. Thanks for the clarification @Jordan.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.945
My threads are being removed occasionally and nothing is reported to me. Yesterday they charged me $0.08 for removing my threads without giving me any reason for that.
This thing demoralises posters so much and if something can't be done about it, it may cause problems to the site.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$2.480
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't start threads frequently so I have not faced the same ever here on this site. Now admin has asked moderators if they should give reasons for the deletion of the threads so people will find the reason for the deletion now if there is one.

Joshua Farrell

Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
My threads are being removed occasionally and nothing is reported to me. Yesterday they charged me $0.08 for removing my threads without giving me any reason for that.
This thing demoralises posters so much and if something can't be done about it, it may cause problems to the site.
I will quote Jordan from the Future of RIF Thread:

3) Finally - Quality
The time has come to start focusing on the quality of our website. We have some amazing members who are posting some great stuff. However, there is also a lot of people who are posting some pretty plain content that does not contribute to the conversation whatsoever. In order for our website to grow naturally, the content of the posts in the on topic sections should have value. There will be a few things for this:

Warnings:
In order to try and discourage members on posting spam and non-quality content, we will be issuing fines for every warning you get.
Posting inappropriate content, behavior, language, spam, and posting in the wrong sections will get you warning points. Each warning point will cost you $0.25. (And yes, you can go in the negative) Multiple warning points can be given per warning if warranted. Plagiarism is absolutely not allowed, and will be an immediate ban without warning.

I want you all to know that I'm not here to be taking your earned money away. I want to encourage everyone to participate in the community and have valuable discussions. So, for the first little while, as we try to clean up the forums, no RIF cash will be taken from accounts. For the first couple of weeks, I will be messaging users first to allow them to see what they are doing wrong, and what could be a possible solution for the future. I want us to grow and learn together. However, after a couple weeks, the fines will start to be given out.

I have also noticed that one of the biggest problems is people not posting threads in the correct sections. Most notable, the market sections. Please be sure to read the category descriptions prior to posting new threads. These descriptions are at the top of the pages, and it is on you to ensure you are posting in the correct section.

Jordan

Former Owner - Surpreme Overlord
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.030
I will quote Jordan from the Future of RIF Thread:
Keep in mind, as of right now they fines haven't started just yet.

for the first little while, as we try to clean up the forums, no RIF cash will be taken from accounts.

Users are most likely seeing money being taken out if they have a post/thread deleted. If they earned 2 cents for making a thread, that 2 cents gets deducted when deleted.

Back