Coinbase will suspend trading for European Union countries, next March 8

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's news that came to me suddenly today that I never expected. By the way me neither until now, I have no idea what the reason is. However, it seems to be official for the date of next March 8, between 17:00 GMT / 18:00 CET. it will not be possible to trade with the Coinbase wallet. This is to warn those like me who use Coinbase as my main wallet.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Coinbase have been having series of problem. To withdraw from the platform is always hectic and takes time. After I suffered serious setback from the platform, I desist from using it. Now, it is only Binance I trust wholeheartedly. Binance have not disappointed me for a day.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I know that Binance is the most popular wallet also because it has lower commission fees compared to other wallets. However Binance has been ranked as the best wallet for beginner users like me.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.210
Just you need to use for example another website for trading between assets while storing them out to a coinbase wallet but seems as not the ideal solution to use external exchanger.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
To be honest, for now I need Coinbase just in order to be able to withdraw money from all earning websites which pay only through crypto and not via Paypal. There after I do the conversion then in Bitcoin.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.210
To be honest, for now I need Coinbase just in order to be able to withdraw money from all earning websites which pay only through crypto and not via Paypal. There after I do the conversion then in Bitcoin.
In this case you need coinbase verified account and not coinbase wallet because they do not hold any private key for you and it is more secure than your seed phrase is compromized.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In this case you need coinbase verified account and not coinbase wallet because they do not hold any private key for you and it is more secure than your seed phrase is compromized.
I see, in fact, every time Coinbase asks me for an identity document (which I had already sent to them in the past) and the last movements of my credit card. For now I can still ignore this step, however if they mean this by verified account, no problem for me to send these documents.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
All these regulations seem absurd to me, little by little they diminish the essence of everything related to the blockchain and its technology will only make decentralization more present than ever.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
All these regulations seem absurd to me, little by little they diminish the essence of everything related to the blockchain and its technology will only make decentralization more present than ever.
I also don't like many of these obstacles which, however, can always be circumvented by someone more expert on the subject. But probably there are some regulations also on the crypto-wallets that must be enforced by law.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
I also don't like many of these obstacles which, however, can always be circumvented by someone more expert on the subject. But probably there are some regulations also on the crypto-wallets that must be enforced by law.
Well, and now in the European Union in mid-2024 we get the MICA regulation, I think in May of that year which will also have its repercussions and its obstacles along the way.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well, and now in the European Union in mid-2024 we get the MICA regulation, I think in May of that year which will also have its repercussions and its obstacles along the way.
My dearest friend, you have to believe me that until this moment, I didn't even know what the MICA regulation was, until now you told me. And here, through my instant search on Goolge, I found this result in Italian, which leads me to think that for us Member States of the European Union, it will be a further obstacle as regards services connected to crypto-assets, as if we already had few!(n)(n)
I don't know if you can read in Italian, however I would like to send you this document:

Il Regolamento MiCA stabilisce requisiti completamente armonizzati per gli Stati Membri, in particolar modo nei confronti di coloro che, in presenza di una specifica autorizzazione e/o licenza, intendano offrire servizi collegati ai crypto-asset all´interno dell´Unione Europea e quindi in tutto il Mercato Unico.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
My dearest friend, you have to believe me that until this moment, I didn't even know what the MICA regulation was, until now you told me. And here, through my instant search on Goolge, I found this result in Italian, which leads me to think that for us Member States of the European Union, it will be a further obstacle as regards services connected to crypto-assets, as if we already had few!(n)(n)
I don't know if you can read in Italian, however I would like to send you this document:

Il Regolamento MiCA stabilisce requisiti completamente armonizzati per gli Stati Membri, in particolar modo nei confronti di coloro che, in presenza di una specifica autorizzazione e/o licenza, intendano offrire servizi collegati ai crypto-asset all´interno dell´Unione Europea e quindi in tutto il Mercato Unico.
I do not understand Italian but I used a translator, what you say is totally true, more regulations will be imposed on those entities related to cryptoactives and therefore it will affect all European investors involved, that is, what they want is to hinder adoption, and whoever does not want to see it is blind, I think it will become a game of powerful people or therefore we give wings to decentralization as a counterpart.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I do not understand Italian but I used a translator, what you say is totally true, more regulations will be imposed on those entities related to cryptoactives and therefore it will affect all European investors involved, that is, what they want is to hinder adoption, and whoever does not want to see it is blind, I think it will become a game of powerful people or therefore we give wings to decentralization as a counterpart.
In fact, I don't know if here on RIF I had already mentioned to you the fact that, I am more and more convinced that within the EU Member States, have had a huge disadvantage countries such: Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal since 1998 with the signing of the Treaty of Brussels. For example, the introduction of the single currency €uro, already from the beginning (ie in the year 2002), brought many disadvantages above all by immediately reducing our purchasing power by more than 50%.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
In fact, I don't know if here on RIF I had already mentioned to you the fact that, I am more and more convinced that within the EU Member States, have had a huge disadvantage countries such: Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal since 1998 with the signing of the Treaty of Brussels. For example, the introduction of the single currency €uro, already from the beginning (ie in the year 2002), brought many disadvantages above all by immediately reducing our purchasing power by more than 50%.
Yes, I think you mentioned it, and I totally agree with you, in my country, we had much more purchasing power in the times before the euro, that is, when we had the peseta as a local currency, with you it was surely the same with the Italian lira.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
What could be the reason for this by Coinbase well if it is for the good of the site then there's nothing anyone can do about it as it will benefit the site

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I wonder why coinbase is suspending a lot of things. It is very tiring
It's news that came to me suddenly today that I never expected. By the way me neither until now, I have no idea what the reason is. However, it seems to be official for the date of next March 8, between 17:00 GMT / 18:00 CET. it will not be possible to trade with the Coinbase wallet. This is to warn those like me who use Coinbase as my main wallet.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You know, for now I find it very difficult to learn to use Binance, but I have an idea that sooner or later, I will have to switch to that wallet, as it seems more advantageous.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You know, for now I find it very difficult to learn to use Binance, but I have an idea that sooner or later, I will have to switch to that wallet, as it seems more advantageous.
It's not difficult using Binance. If you're the type that interact with dapps, you should use a mobile wallet but if you're activities are limited to just exchanges, Binance or Okx are better alternatives.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's not difficult using Binance. If you're the type that interact with dapps, you should use a mobile wallet but if you're activities are limited to just exchanges, Binance or Okx are better alternatives.
Thank you for your advice, but you have to know that I don't even know what dapps are. Moreover for me it's necessary the version translated, otherwise I don't understand it.

Back