Combined income of your family

averygirl

Unfamiliar
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Surveys always ask of the combined income of your household excluding tax. I’m not sure if we make 100,000 a month. My siblings are all single so they don’t have their own families so they are able to contribute to the family expenses. My father is old but he still works as a driver. My mother has no work but just plain housewife. I have a store which I’m able to earn just for myself. How many in your family shoulder the monthly expenses?:)

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.125
This is the reason why I am not into survey sites. They always ask this question and I feel not comfortable answering it. For me, it is a confidential thing not to say.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
Yes i have noticed this, survey sites are usually fund of asking this question.i have come across it on several occasions. Most times i usually pick the option " i prefer not to say "

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't know about the combined income of my parents and siblings. But I know my both parents are working in good paying jobs. My sister and my brother are working also.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.125
Yes i have noticed this, survey sites are usually fund of asking this question.i have come across it on several occasions. Most times i usually pick the option " i prefer not to say "
Sometimes if we choose not rather to say, the survey will stop. That makes me felt bad and wasted my time for doing so. You know what I mean about this concern.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
one of the survey I attempted before I was disqualified asked questions I wasn't comfortable to answer at. so i have noticed this, survey sites are usually fond of asking personal question.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
one of the survey I attempted before I was disqualified asked questions I wasn't comfortable to answer at. so i have noticed this, survey sites are usually fond of asking personal question.
They use it to tailor products that would meet the specific needs of their target customers. I think that particular question is used to work out pricing.

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sad to say in my family, only one have a regular income, and that's my brother, he supported me, who can't find a job for myself, as well as he supported too my mother who is in her prime of her life now.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$1.330
Raw Dex
$0.005
That's fine. Most of the families here have two earning members. The trend is changing women have started working as inflation is increasing so people can not live well with the salary of a single person in a family nowadays.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.055
There are four of us living at home, and our combined income a month is more or less $ 4,500. Mine is a $2000 salary from the university and from my milk tea business. , My milk tea business is gaining, more or less $ 1,200 a month, my sister is a banker and the other sister has a canteen in high school. But I am the one paying all the bills voluntarily. My niece is still a college student. Your kids are still young but once they grow up and finished college, they could help you with all the expenses at home.

Last edited:

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.055
@Starmix you have lots of earning members in the family which helps take financial decisions.
Yes, and the husband of my sister is a seaman international. He sends only the money my sister needs to save. She is a thrifty sister unlike me extravagant. But I am now controlling my extravagance by surrendering my credit cards. I no longer have a credit card.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, and the husband of my sister is a seaman international. He sends only the money my sister needs to save. She is a thrifty sister unlike me extravagant. But I am now controlling my extravagance by surrendering my credit cards. I no longer have a credit card.
It is good that you know your weakness and you are working on rectifying it. That's a step that would bolster your finances in the long run

Back