Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
I've heard of it before, where a hiring manager requested social media profiles of potential hires, to gauge their private life to see if it is compatible with their work life. In quite a few cases, it has caused issues with being able to get hired. Should they look at your social media profile and make a judgement call on hiring you, or should it be illegal to do so?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
The last place I worked demanded that I should send my Facebook username. People that were not using their real names were automatically disqualified from the job.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't know why business organizations have failed to understand that all we do on social media is cruise and would want to judge someone based on social media impressions.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I think this is a good way to find out more about a persons character. You can tell a lot about a person based on the things they do and post on social media. In order not to hire the wrong person, it would be best to find out as much information as you can about the person.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think this is a good way to find out more about a persons character. You can tell a lot about a person based on the things they do and post on social media. In order not to hire the wrong person, it would be best to find out as much information as you can about the person.
I beg to disagree. For some, social media is just what they do to unwind, you can't take someone for a joker because he posts funny things on social media

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Hhmmm
This is true
You can never predict or tell the exact behavior of someone through what he does on social media.
I beg to disagree. For some, social media is just what they do to unwind, you can't take someone for a joker because he posts funny things on social media

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Hhmmm
This is true
You can never predict or tell the exact behavior of someone through what he does on social media.
It doesn't mean that people should behave indecently on social media. There are limits to everything. You cannot be posing nude and expect someone to hire you.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think is against people's privacy. But all the same, work is very scarce. In our present socioeconomic situation, work is very hard to get, therefore you need to stoop to conquer. If you have no discriminating things on your account, you have nothing to fear.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
I don't know why business organizations have failed to understand that all we do on social media is cruise and would want to judge someone based on social media impressions.
I agree with you a lot of people are just catching cruise and having fun so I don't understand how they want to judge someone based on social media stuff. I don't get

Back