Companies not accepting mothers

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
A lady close to my area got rejected for a job offer during an interview. She is smart and qualified for the job, which is why she got to the interview stage in the first place, but she was rejected simply because she has a child. What's your take on such policy, do you think having a child would affect her performance or not?

There should be no restriction or whatsoever. However, the hiring manager could have seen roadblocks along the way. Her being a mother can cause trouble with her show rate. Attendance is important once hired. So the hiring manager, had that intuition maybe because it happened to them before. They are avoiding the issue on child care. If she said someone will take care of her while she is working she can be accepted but 50-50. There will always be follow up questions.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
Well, if the child isn't disturbing I don't see why the mother should be denied the job. If she is qualified for the job that's should cut it.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
In my country, this incident can be reported to the government agency that is responsible of filing a legal case against this company. It is not the basis of hiring someone who is qualified for a particular job.

Back