Companies that ban use of social media while working.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
What do you think of company policies that ban Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other websites while at work? Do you think that these policies help people be more productive at work? If you work for a company that have you working at a computer, does your company ban certain websites at the office?

While I understand the idea behind trying to keep focused at work, some of these companies that I have heard of that does prohibit using them to a point, have always had issues in general with work itself being a consistent thing. I have heard that there are a few companies that think that regardless of how long you have to wait between work assignments, that abiding by those policies is a must, because somehow you will remain distracted with when you do work, because the option is somehow there to sneak onto, while working.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
There are some companies who tend to freeze the usage of social media. It happens in my previous countries before. That is the reason why I quit working with them because they are control freaks.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Many of us are addicted to social media. In fact, I believe that the amount of time we waste on social media is inappropriate and wasteful. Personally, am trying to reduce the time I waste on social media. If a company or organization come up with such idea, I don't think is wrong. In fact, it should be encouraged.

Reedex

Well Known
Jan 8, 2023
Dex
$0.002
Raw Dex
$0.001
Social Media platform has been a distraction to so many people and that is why I wouldn't blame the business owners that banned the use of the social media while at work.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Even in small places now in my locality you are not expected to use your mobile phone when working you need to start being used to it when you get to the workplace

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I don't think there's anything wrong with accessing online while at work but for me I believe it should be during break periods but if the company says no it should be obeyed

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I have not been part of a company that has banned the use of social media but I do know of businesses that have this policy through people who work for said businesses. They found that employees were sneaking onto social media and spending time on there and not hitting deadlines that should have been hit. Combatting that meant banning the use of social media so that targets were met and work was moving as it should be. I do think it is a good idea to do that if you find that social media is affecting your employees and affecting targets being met.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
For someone like me, that wouldn't be an issue. You can't really blame those companies. Some people can't stay for just a little time without doing social media. Something that is even very boring to me.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
I completely understand them though, the use of social media can be a huge distraction to the workers and can also reduce productivity. If its not part of their work then there is no need using it.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
My country tried to ban the use of social media but it did not last for a long time. People should not be doing irrelevant things on social media during work time.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
This was banned in one organization I worked because statf used to alternate between the company's portal and Facebook. This can cause distractions and shortage in a job that has to do with finances.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
People do a lot of irrelevant things on social media during work time.Hence, the ban of the use of social media by many workplace which is good for the stability of the company

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.360
I have never worked in companies where social media was banned but I know a lot of people who work in companies where the workers are not allowed to use social site.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
The thing is that accessing the social media during work hours can cause distractions and a ban this in an organization might just be the best for it to deter workers

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The use of social media can be a huge distraction to the workers and can also reduce productivity like Chevron has a social media policy that prohibits employees from posting company-related content on social media without prior approval, and limits personal social media use during work hours.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
Many of us are addicted to social media. In fact, I believe that the amount of time we waste on social media is inappropriate and wasteful. Personally, am trying to reduce the time I waste on social media. If a company or organization come up with such idea, I don't think is wrong. In fact, it should be encouraged.
During my offline working days in a previous company, I do my job and can do my online earning sites. Since I am teaching online in that company, I was able to do them at the same time.

Back