Considerations to Keep in Mind Before Planning a Time Off

arches-national-park-1846759_640.jpg

Do you make time to relax from your busy schedule every day? If so, then you are on your way to achieving a work-life balance.

We all need a break and some rest from our daily routine. It's important to take a breath and experience life outside of our workspaces. It's time to unwind and relax. Begin by thinking of a nice place to visit and step away from your daily routine. If you've been confined to the same place for months or years, it's about time to pack your belongings and go out to have some fun. Plan a vacation and don't forget to bring your gadgets such as an action camera, digicam, DSLR, and your first aid kit.

Things to Consider

Plan how to use your leave credits or paid time off. Remember to socialize.

Check your leave credits with your boss or if you have a tracker use it as your reference. Plan ahead if you have limited leave allocation in a small organization.

Check your calendar frequently to avoid no-shows. If you have a vacation planned and have any calendar invites, inform the sender to prevent being marked absent.

It's important to delegate tasks to your team. If you're a manager, make sure to assign a point of contact (POC) for each item you handle. To avoid any misunderstandings, explain to your team the reasons behind task delegation. Avoid assigning administrative tasks to team members. Instead, assign tasks such as monitoring break schedules or taking turns to clear a list. It's best not to assign payroll-related tasks to the team.

If you are planning to take some time off work, it's important to coordinate with your team and supervisor. Talk to your colleagues and inform them of the dates you plan to be away. This way, they can avoid booking vacation time during the same period. Remember, communication is key to ensuring that everything runs smoothly.

Leaving work or going on vacation can be exciting, but it's important to make sure that you don't miss any important emails or inquiries while you're away. One way to do this is by setting up an out-of-office (OOO) notification, which lets people know when you'll be back and who they can contact in the meantime. Additionally, it's a good idea to assign a point of contact who can handle any urgent matters while you're away. This way, you can focus on enjoying your time off without worrying about work-related issues.

It's important to let your colleagues know ahead of time when you plan to take a break from work so they can plan accordingly.

Please ensure that you file your time off leaves on your tracker for payroll purposes.

Also, it is recommended to check for hotel availabilities and book flights accordingly, especially if you plan to travel far from your place.

Remember to fully disconnect from work during vacation to recharge. If urgent matters arise, answer them but ask your direct reports to contact the assigned person if not urgent. Enjoy your time off!

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
indeed, last December I started again working in a big company and sure, I have to make time to read all the rules and lucky me, my company has a policy that we have to finish the job at the office and there's no extra time. So, I have to make sure every job finishes on time. And after work hours they never call me for works things

indeed, last December I started again working in a big company and sure, I have to make time to read all the rules and lucky me, my company has a policy that we have to finish the job at the office and there's no extra time. So, I have to make sure every job finishes on time. And after work hours they never call me for works things
Good to know that you are back working in a big company. I know it is exciting to be back. Reading all the rules will help you get acquainted with what they do and do not like. All the best on your new career.

But what about your store? Did you apply for leave? Lol

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
Yes, but if it's the decision of the worker to file leave without pay, it's his or her prerogative as long as her application for a job off is approved by the head.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Good to know that you are back working in a big company. I know it is exciting to be back. Reading all the rules will help you get acquainted with what they do and do not like. All the best in your new career.

But what about your store? Did you apply for leave? Lol
my store run by my wife. And before we decided to take another job, she learned to run the shop by herself, and lucky us, we had a helper to run the shop. So, no need to worry about my shop. we have loyal customers, so we can not close it. Thank God everything running well and my wife enjoys being a businesswoman and earning money from it. So, we have another source of income and it is good tho, right? I wish my business and my work run well and I need the money LOL. and everyone needs it, right?

my store run by my wife. And before we decided to take another job, she learned to run the shop by herself, and lucky us, we had a helper to run the shop. So, no need to worry about my shop. we have loyal customers, so we can not close it. Thank God everything running well and my wife enjoys being a businesswoman and earning money from it. So, we have another source of income and it is good tho, right? I wish my business and my work run well and I need the money LOL. and everyone needs it, right?
All the best for your businesswoman wife. I know she is doing great and will continue being one. You new job will definitely go great too. I know working your income together is a good sign that you love working together to give your family a quality life you wanted. Just enjoy what you do.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
As a business owner or a worker, don't just rush out for your time off. Simply take time out to ensure everything has been put in other and can function even without your presence.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.395
I am a freelancer who works from home, so I can take a break whenever I wish. I can work on a flexible schedule. I can work during the day or at night. Therefore, whenever I have work to do, I always bring my laptop along with me.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
These are good ways to be reminded. I always see to it that I have a work-life balance. In this way, I can function well and keep myself fit as a fiddle.

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I do not have the luxury to take time off from my work. I always carry my phone and laptop.
That's the lot of people that are working online. As far as the laptop is with them, they can't resist the urge to work. I am in that shoe too. I deliberately take my mind off and rather use the laptop to watch movies.

Back