Crypto Airdrop Risks

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
In general, Crypto airdrops are given free of charge to promote a newly launched ICO. Airdrops are also often given to holders of the coin being promoted. So to get the airdrop, the airdrop claimant has to keep the same crypto and the airdrop will be given proportionately.

But lately Airdrops are often misused by fraudsters, to take advantage, so it will be very dangerous and risky for airdrop claimants. In the following, we will discuss some of the risky characteristics of crypto airdrops:
1. Fake airdrop project
Pay attention to the project developer whether it comes from an official site or a fake site.
2. Fraud
Often airdrop participants are asked to enter a private key.
3. Dust Attack
Scammers also often attack wallets by sending small amounts of crypto, then they will steal data and crypto.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
I think the biggest danger is that they ask you for the seed key, although one should never give the seed key for this, many newbies do it out of ignorance, the best thing would also be to create a secondary wallet just for airdrops so you don't run this risk.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
I think the biggest danger is that they ask you for the seed key, although one should never give the seed key for this, many newbies do it out of ignorance, the best thing would also be to create a secondary wallet just for airdrops so you don't run this risk.
It's a good idea to create a new crypto wallet with another device, and the wallet balance is still empty, so we don't have to worry about malware attacks or phishing tricks.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
It's a good idea to create a new crypto wallet with another device, and the wallet balance is still empty, so we don't have to worry about malware attacks or phishing tricks.
Yes, I think that is the most convenient and leave it empty for this, then send the airdrop funds to your original wallet or something else, so you save yourself from being scammed or hacked.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
There is a lot of risk in crypto airdrops because most of them are scams.
You are right, there are a lot of airdrop scams out there, they will generally steal the user's crypto wallet data, to launch an attack, that's why we have to be selective if we are going to participate in crypto airdrops.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
To avoid all these fake airdrops, first research for the best ways to get the legit ones. Most new protocols will give airdrops to those who meet the criteria by interacting with them in their early days

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
I totally agree with you, we have to do research first, before claiming an airdrop, don't immediately believe the airdrop offered on social media, we have to find out the truth through their official website.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Crypto airdrops are given free but there are a lot of airdrops that requires gas fee of ETH before you could claim such and that most times cost a lot of money and ends up not making the profits that was advertised about. I have not gained from any crypto airdrop that has been going on around the crypto world.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
Yes, I agree with you, if the airdrop given is in the form of a token that runs on the Ethereum blockchain, of course we have to pay a Gas fee, and generally use a Trust wallet. But there are also many airdrops that are trusted, especially from crypto wallets such as from Coinpayment, Blockchain.com wallet etc.

iyanpol12

Notable
Nov 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Nowadays, there are airdrops coming from new networks but criteria isn't that easy. Optimism and Arbitrum are examples. Even Sui didn't do an airdrop like the two mentioned above. ZkSync is one of the new networks that might give an airdrop but it isn't confirmed. Using the mainnet isn't easy because you might spend money by transacting due to the gas fee. I am looking forward on Zetachain.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.518
Ever since i heard about airdrops and started applying for some, i have never come across a legit airdrop. It got to a point where i felt there was no legit airdrop out there.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
I often get airdrops, especially from crypto wallets such as Blockchain.com and Coinpayment wallets, but this airdrop program is rarely available, usually it will be automatically added to our wallet.

Back