Crypto Mining- Is It Worth It?

nite001

Unfamiliar
Dec 9, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
With cryptocurrencies getting more and more popular day by day, many people have explore this form of currency and aspired it to be the future of money. Some decided that they can profit from it by investing in it, whilst some began to convert all forms of cash that they have to crypto currencies, with the dream of their money to grow.

A minority of people, on the other hand explored ways in which they can earn cryptocurrencies. One of which, is Crypto Mining.

What is Crypto Mining?

Crypto Mining is a process where people make use of their computer GPU, to solve complex computer codes and in turn, crypto currencies are earned.

Is it Profitable?

The simple answer is no. Crypto mining actually uses a lot of electricity and that equates to cost. The speed in which you mine cryptocurrencies depends on what GPU systems you have. A GPU with a high level of efficiency would be costly. For example, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, claimed as one of the best GPUs, costs $399 and can mine only $0.29 USD worth of crypto currencies a day. At the end of the day, the worth of the Cryptocurrency that you had mined is still "paper profit", as it still depends on the market price of the cryptocurrency. With the crypto market performing really bad lately, I would not regard Crypto Currency as profitable, since you still have to account for the costs of electricity and equipment.

That's it for my little sharing. I welcome all users to share your opinions and experiences (if any) on crypto mining. Cheers! 🍻

Last edited:

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Mining cryptocurrency now is waste of time and energy. Bitcoin price have nosedived and the prospect is not looking bright. Secondly, mining cannot be done with CPU or graphics cards now, because it is no more profitable.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.348
I also think that way. It will waste our time by having this way of earning. But I am not losing hope that I could fine a legit one and earn a bit faster than the apps that I used before.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.603
Mining cryptocurrency now is waste of time and energy. Bitcoin price have nosedived and the prospect is not looking bright. Secondly, mining cannot be done with CPU or graphics cards now, because it is no more profitable.
Yeah the price is not just it for now. maybe later but definitely not now.

nite001

Unfamiliar
Dec 9, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Indeed. Cryptocurrencies have been crashing really bad lately. Mining might seem profitable to some but can bring huge risks, such as decline in prices of the cryptocurrency, as well as increasing electricity costs.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think cryptocurrency mining was profitable in the earlier days of crypto, and now crypto mining is only profitable to those who have dedicated mining rigs set up to mine cryptocurrency, is that really the case?

nite001

Unfamiliar
Dec 9, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think cryptocurrency mining was profitable in the earlier days of crypto, and now crypto mining is only profitable to those who have dedicated mining rigs set up to mine cryptocurrency, is that really the case?
Yes you are right. If people starting mining during 2020 and held to their cryptocurrencies all the was to it's peak value of approx. $65,000 USD, they would definitely make a lot of money. Nowadays, you still can risk it by getting into mining but the values of cryptocurrencies are declining at a rapid way.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes you are right. If people starting mining during 2020 and held to their cryptocurrencies all the was to it's peak value of approx. $65,000 USD, they would definitely make a lot of money. Nowadays, you still can risk it by getting into mining but the values of cryptocurrencies are declining at a rapid way.
Yes, I agree with your point. Another thing I would like to ask you is about the declining prices of cryptocurrency - why do you think that is the case with the crypto market these days?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.603
I don't think it will be profitable to mine it now since the price have nosedived the coming year might be better

nite001

Unfamiliar
Dec 9, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think it will be profitable to mine it now since the price have nosedived the coming year might be better
Yes I hope so too. Crypto currency has been causing a lot of people to lose a lot of money in the past 1 year. Currently, I think the cryptocurrency that has the most potential is Ethereum (ETH).

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Crypto mining is not a profitable business here in Nigeria. It is cost intensive, starting from rig purchasing,, electricity and cooling fan. And the result of mining is not sufficient to offset the cost.

Back