Customers that always price but never purchase.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
I have some persons who all they do is price, from time to time they message me asking for the price of a particular product or services. After agreeing on a price which they themselves even agree that it is a fair price, they tell me they would get back to me only for them to do it else well or not at all. How do you handle such customers? Do you keep answering them with the hopes that they will patronize you one day or do I start ignoring them.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
This happens with me while I try to sell small Solar panels online. Mostly people were messaging me and asking for price I tell them then agreement done but they never purchase. I noted their names and again I just deleted their messages.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.842
Better ignore them. Don't anymore reply. They are toxic. The truth is they like the products but the do not have money. They only want to annoy you. It's better to strike them to their face.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.450
When a customer asks price and agrees on a certain price and never comes back to make the purchase, I always send a quety asking what the problem was and why the purchase did not occur.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.842
When a customer asks price and agrees on a certain price and never comes back to make the purchase, I always send a quety asking what the problem was and why the purchase did not occur.
That's a good fight instead of ignoring them. I think there's impact on that. They may feel ashamed and realize their annoyance and later on decide to buy. That's good technique.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.661
There are so many of these kind of customers in my country. I must say that these type of customers are really annoying cause they tend to waist your time attending to them with empty promises.

olaniyi

Unfamiliar
Jun 10, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many things I think can influence a customer to price and do not purchase like if price is too high for the customer to afford or it is too high compare to other

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
Nice one, what was their response? I did this one time, a customer asked me for customized bags, we agreed on a price and she even confirmed my price was fair. She gave me a date but didn't hear from her. Only to see her post the bags. She did it somewhere else. So I asked her about it . Her response was she had already discussed with this person even before coming to meet me.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.450
Sometimes when you send follow-up questions, customers come back to make the purchase and sometimes they just ignore your message. However, it is understandable why they never buy the product as they already have a lot of choices.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
There are so many of these kind of people that I see around. These type of customers are really annoying. they are time wasters it is to ignore them as they move away.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
There are so many of these kind of people that I see around. These type of customers are really annoying. they are time wasters it is to ignore them as they move away.
LoL some of them tend to ask your prices to use it as a way to bargain with others. When they know how much you sell, it gives them an idea of how they should price out there.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have some persons who all they do is price, from time to time they message me asking for the price of a particular product or services. After agreeing on a price which they themselves even agree that it is a fair price, they tell me they would get back to me only for them to do it else well or not at all. How do you handle such customers? Do you keep answering them with the hopes that they will patronize you one day or do I start ignoring them.
Some of these people always want to compare prices before deciding on which way to follow, I feel business owner shroud know about market prices too so they will be able to give their client or customers good prices that will favor both parties.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
This thing can be very annoying and there are so many people who have done that to me in my shop. What I do now is not respond to them but it’s sad that you never can tell the one who will buy or not

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
This thing can be very annoying and there are so many people who have done that to me in my shop. What I do now is not respond to them but it’s sad that you never can tell the one who will buy or not
That's the only thing stopping me from ignoring them, cause we might end up ignoring the ones that are actually willing to pay.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Well Known
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.121
One of the best thing to do in such condition is to treat them well because if you offer good customer service, they would always come back.
Post automatically merged:

One of the best thing to do in such condition is to treat them well because if you offer good customer service, they would always come back.

Last edited:

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
That's the only thing stopping me from ignoring them, cause we might end up ignoring the ones that are actually willing to pay.
You are right because we never can tell the person who is going to pay so it is just better to treats all of them right but can be annoying when some ones don’t buy and that’s what so many people do

Back