Did you study finance in school and college?

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$3.480
I did not major with finance but finance was one of the major subjects in my college and university. However, the finance I studied was mostly related to business and economy and did not have anything to do with personal finance.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.330
Raw Dex
$0.008
I studied economics and business administration in college. Although I did not major in Finance, I have taken Finance as an option subject. I have some basic knowledge about it.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.150
Most students even studied finance course about the company called Culture de l'entreprise they don't concentrate on these lessons. Especially if they are in the field not related to finance like software engineering.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.885
Since I studied Maths and Economics as major, I did a little bit of accounting and finance in college. Didn't really teach me much about the things I know now about financial management.

bestwriter

Somewhat Known
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$3.355
Raw Dex
$0.928
My subjects were Maths, Pysics and Chemistry But there is a degree course which is known as B.Com where everything to do with finance and commerce is taught.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The only thing almost related to finance that I had as a common unit in college is entrepreneurship. It is a great thing to learn as it opens your mind up to considering business startups. But I also think personal finance should be taught too, it very important to have money management skills.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$3.480
Most students even studied finance course about the company called Culture de l'entreprise they don't concentrate on these lessons. Especially if they are in the field not related to finance like software engineering.
Not all people pursue the career on the subjects they studied in school and colleges. I studied management but I am in the writing field.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
What we study at university is business finance, which is more complex and complicated, while personal finance is very easy and simple so it doesn't need to be taught as a course.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.150
What we study at university is business finance, which is more complex and complicated, while personal finance is very easy and simple so it doesn't need to be taught as a course.
It depends on the pedagogy that the school is following to decide if personal finance is included in the study of students or not, generally it is not students that decide.

King Belieal

Unfamiliar
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$1.269
Raw Dex
$0.293
That's true. Nobody taught me personal finance in school. And the truth is that most of us didn't do better with our personal finances because no one taught us.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
Personal finance has been taught by our parents, how we have to save, choose cheaper prices at different shops, so the most important thing is discipline and patience. Moreover, currently studying personal finance can be read in various articles, both on forum sites and blogs.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.150
That's true. Nobody taught me personal finance in school. And the truth is that most of us didn't do better with our personal finances because no one taught us.
If you are involved in working online you will study the rules by the fact of experience. Moreover, online workers share their tips from time to time alongside their blogs or vlogs. But studying at university most of the time you do not remember anything as most students not finance field do not concentrate on it.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
No, in my school and college, they didn't teach anything about finance, unless in college you studied something in the branch of finance of course, in schools they don't usually teach you about finance, that's something you have to learn on your own.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.150
No, in my school and college, they didn't teach anything about finance, unless in college you studied something in the branch of finance of course, in schools they don't usually teach you about finance, that's something you have to learn on your own.
It depends on your field. On software engineer field they have a personal finance course. In some other field, there is no personal finance course for sure.

Back