Do football team owners make profit?

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I see in football that team owners pay a lot of money to buy players, build new stadiums, have many employees and have to pay their salaries every month. However, many times they finish the season without winning the trophy because only one team will win in the end. But the question is, where does the income of these teams come from, that they spend so much and even if they don't win anything, there is no problem for them?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Imagine 70,000 people paying $1 or pound as the case may be to see a match live. And then they sell official shirts all across the world. Football business is not in winning trophies. Trophies are just bragging rights. It is all about building a loyal fan base.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I see in football that team owners pay a lot of money to buy players, build new stadiums, have many employees and have to pay their salaries every month. However, many times they finish the season without winning the trophy because only one team will win in the end. But the question is, where does the income of these teams come from, that they spend so much and even if they don't win anything, there is no problem for them?

Football is one of the most profitable projects in the world today because it is very obvious with the amount of money players are getting paid on weekly basis by their Club.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Football business is for the very wealthy people. It is not any kind of business for just anyone. That is because it might require huge amounts spent to build the brand and attract fanbase.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Imagine 70,000 people paying $1 or pound as the case may be to see a match live. And then they sell official shirts all across the world. Football business is not in winning trophies. Trophies are just bragging rights. It is all about building a loyal fan base.
What you say is true, but what about teams that don't have many fans? What about other sports like volleyball? Not many spectators come to watch the competition and no one buys their shirts, but they still participate in the competition every year. How? Where does their income come from?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$0.010
iy is very obvious that they do make profit just think of the ticket alone sold for the match then sell of the consumes and souvenirs these bring in good money

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.008
If you are the owner of a reputable football team, you are making huge money. You can make money from sponsorship, selling broadcasting rights, tickets to view the match, selling merchandise. But owning a football team requires a lot of money. Only the rich can make this kind of investment.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
What you say is true, but what about teams that don't have many fans? What about other sports like volleyball? Not many spectators come to watch the competition and no one buys their shirts, but they still participate in the competition every year. How? Where does their income come from?
The discussion was about football. All those other sports you mentioned don't have huge investments because of the lesser popularity of them. But basketball and football are really profitable. Even for small teams.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I think it is very obvious for us to know that people who own a football club are making so much money from it. They are making millions but it depends on their club

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$0.010
Money is always made especially by popular and reputable football team, Apart from money from sponsors you can make money from selling broadcasting rights and even tickets to view the match

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Yes i believe football team owners are making profit, if they where not making profit i highly doubt they would be into it, then again it is only possible for them to make profit when the team is doing well.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In a country where the footballing culture is high, the team doesn't even need to be doing well before the owner makes money. Manchester united has been disastrous lately but they are still one of the top valuable clubs in the world.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$0.010
Nobody should be deceived a football team owner will always make good money or profit, if they where not making profit there will be no continuation for the old ones

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

There are many football team owners who tend to make money by sponsoring their teams. They tend to make money by collecting advertising revenue from many different companies and they try their best to promote their products.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Money is always made especially by popular and reputable football team, Apart from money from sponsors you can make money from selling broadcasting rights and even tickets to view the match
The major way to get money for a football club is by selling tickets and that is why some clubs sign players that are very popular so that they can sell more tickets when their loved ones come to watch them

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I would believe that if football team owners did not make any profit, they would not want to work within that sector. Football is one of the most profitable businesses in the world and not only do the players benefit from it but so do the team owners as well when it comes to the sales of merchandise and also tickets as well.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I would believe that if football team owners did not make any profit, they would not want to work within that sector. Football is one of the most profitable businesses in the world and not only do the players benefit from it but so do the team owners as well when it comes to the sales of merchandise and also tickets as well.
Exactly
We Have so many of them in these days and there are some of them that are aspiring to have football clubs for us to know that it is a very lucrative sector.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Of course yes some of them are extremely rich however they also spend a lot managing it I think it's very hard to manage football team you need to take care of many things

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
As far as I am concerned, there is no business that has no profis at the end of the day.Th team e and club owners just like any other businesses its very profitable and lucratively in deed.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What you say is true, but I see that the owners of the Juve club say that we have financial debt. Or Real Madrid, even though it has many fans and has won many trophies. Even Barcelona. I have a question, they always say we have debt. So how do they continue to operate?

Back