Do you believe that bargaining in business has cultural nuances?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.208
We should first learn about our foreign clients' cultures before going out to dinner for business. For instance, some cultures, like Spanish and Korean, value food sharing during mealtime. In Bangladesh, you should never pass food from your plate to someone else's, not even a relative or close friend. In this way, by being aware of other people's cultures, we can never insult them.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
If you are to meet with an important client for dinner or whatever, it is extremely important you take into consideration their culture. This would show that you are very observant and as well detailed.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If you are to meet with an important client for dinner or whatever, it is extremely important you take into consideration their culture. This would show that you are very observant and as well detailed.

This is something that will always help you to have an influence over the decision of someone that you're going to negotiate with because if you do something that goes in line with their culture, they will always feel welcomed and comfortable to do business with him.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
I don't know about this but I know that it is always good to bargain for a business transaction so that you can get little gains or discount than one mot bargaining

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, bargaining sometimes has a cultural element. In my country (Indonesia), the culture of bargaining does not apply to modern markets such as malls, supermarkets, restaurants and other well-known companies that usually put a price tag on each item. But the culture of bargaining can still be practiced in traditional markets, marketplaces, roadside vendors, etc.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.208
Indeed. It is also like asking if they are veterinarian or not. Can they be allergic to certain food? It is better to ask than being sorry at the end of dining out with them.
Post automatically merged:

The key factor is to be organized at all times, especially when dealing with the clients. Dining out is one of the activities that should be put into consideration. We cannot afford to have a bad impression for not knowing their food preferences.

Last edited:

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
There are cultural elements that you can explore and use as bargaining chip. For instance, cultural consumption patterns can be used to take advantage of a negotiation process. And you know how to leverage on cultural pattens to create negotiation advantage.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well, food and business are not the same. But not withstanding, it is important to learn the cultures of the people you're doing business in their environment.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.960
This does not occur only for foreign transactions, it may also happen in my country of birth. There are cultural differences in the Philippines and it is not easy to do business bargaining.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This does not occur only for foreign transactions, it may also happen in my country of birth. There are cultural differences in the Philippines and it is not easy to do business bargaining.
That usually occurs in countries where there are diverse people. Innmy own country there are also diverse people and you must be able to learn their culture before doing business is there.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.208
There are cultural elements that you can explore and use as bargaining chip. For instance, cultural consumption patterns can be used to take advantage of a negotiation process. And you know how to leverage on cultural pattens to create negotiation advantage.
I am not quite familiar with this process. I think it is a good idea to consider the bargaining per se, but knowing the cultural differences in terms of negotiating.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't believe that negotiating in business should have any cultural nuisance
I don't really know if it does in my country but I think that it should not in a professional business environment

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I do not really think that culture has anything to do with that. I think that sharing things and helping the needy is actually considered a great thing in almost each and every kind of culture.

Back