Do you believe that sharing meals can help people get through cultural barriers in the workplace?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
In my country, every province has their own culture thing. It means we have our differences in cultures and practices. I used to work with diversified people. The best way for me to get close to them is through sharing food or dishes that are not the same with them. I must say that it is a good way to make friends with our colleagues in the company.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
Well, I don't know about using food or sharing meals to be a good way to make friends with colleagues in the company.But I know having a friendly character can help

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I guess so in my workplace no one shares food we are pretty close even if we don't share food but I believe that in some countries, sharing food is very valuable, so you can find friends if you share food

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.790
Raw Dex
$0.008
Sharing meals is not that common here, but I agree that it works in some countries. Here, we make friends with people from different cultural background by participating in some community activities. Having a drink after work also helps to build relationship with co-workers from different countries.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.313
Raw Dex
$0.001
Sharing meals is not that common here, but I agree that it works in some countries. Here, we make friends with people from different cultural background by participating in some community activities. Having a drink after work also helps to build relationship with co-workers from different countries.
It played a very important role in eliminating barriers because you are going to share from each others culture.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
II don't have business with sharing my meal at my workplace with any of my co-workers because I am very particular when it comes to my food and I don't want to put anyone in a situation whereby they will not like exactly what I'm eating.
In my country, every province has their own culture thing. It means we have our differences in cultures and practices. I used to work with diversified people. The best way for me to get close to them is through sharing food or dishes that are not the same with them. I must say that it is a good way to make friends with our colleagues in the company.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Working place is a venue that gives opportunities of various nationals to work in one place. As a result of this, it gives opportunity to know about the culture and traditions of various tribes. Share of loves is done.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
II don't have business with sharing my meal at my workplace with any of my co-workers because I am very particular when it comes to my food and I don't want to put anyone in a situation whereby they will not like exactly what I'm eating.
Oh, I see. It is a good thing that my family member can cook some special meals for them. If we are unsure to execute this idea, then there is no need to do it. We do not want to put ourselves in a difficult situation.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.300
We just sometimes share if somebody didn't eat his portion. Usually we don't share food but we don't throw it to. It is bad decision. I share my candys with my team.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
To some extent yes i believe this might have some effects. Cause no one would want to eat with someone they do not trust or they do not like .

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.300
Maybe organize some dinner at somebody place. Host can cook and others can help him. It would be like some type of team building. It can be funny to and play social games.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Oh, I see. It is a good thing that my family member can cook some special meals for them. If we are unsure to execute this idea, then there is no need to do it. We do not want to put ourselves in a difficult situation.
It's always good to do what works for you when it comes to your food because 90% of your health depends on it.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
Sure sharing meals is great and again if there is a cordial relationship, it is bound to eliminate cultural barriers. so it is all about bonding in a very healthy way.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$1.030
I think it depends because in my work place there's no food sharing and in case it happens the workers are so excited. There are foods others cannot eat like pork so you can't share.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Every individual is different in their own way and you do not expect them to share meals with people. There are some people who are comfortable with that and there are people who may not be comfortable with it.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$1.030
It is also good to share with others the food we have, but the usual response from my colleagues for example is 'Thank you ", at least they know we care.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
It's always good to do what works for you when it comes to your food because 90% of your health depends on it.
I do think that we need to be careful also when eating new dishes. I believe that it is fine to reject the food offered, especially if you are not comfortable trying them. Being civil with this concern is better than pretending to be fine.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It won't so much. That's because some people are not comfortable with earing in public. It is better to have close collaborations and working relationships to breach cultural diversity.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Every individual is different in their own way and you do not expect them to share meals with people. There are some people who are comfortable with that and there are people who may not be comfortable with it.

This is exactly the way it is with most people and some people will even find it offensive when you are trying to share your food with them because they have insecurity issues.

Back