Do you ever engage in informal conversations in a business setting?

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
There is nothing wrong with initiating informal conversations with your business partners, clients, etc. Being comfortable and familiar with each other is fine for being informal in dealing with business concerns. We do not want to be awkward and inquisitive, though. It is still a part of considering business ethics. But then, it depends if you are in a formal meeting; then we cannot incoportate this.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.830
I hate when people in formal meeting start making jokes or do to much interuptions. Do that later on hangout in bar. Unfortunately at my work this is often tradition.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
Well, life isn't that hard you can still do a little chat here and there in the course of working. it is just to be friendly and polite to the next person

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
It depends on who am dealing with and how close or free the person is to me. There are some i just try to say one or two things just to make them feel more comfortable, while there are others who is strictly business. Then there is the case of some who are very close to me, so we can actually discuss anything

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Well, life isn't that hard you can still do a little chat here and there in the course of working. it is just to be friendly and polite to the next person
The times you will engage in informal conversation in a business because everything cannot be formal all the time.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
Yesh everything cannot be formal in a business there should be time or will be time one can engage in informal conversation in a business too. So it will be a balance

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.680
Raw Dex
$0.008
That depends on the type of person I am dealing with and how long I have known him/her. If s(he) is a casual person, and we have been doing business for a long time and have built up a trusting relationship, I see no problem engaging in some casual conversation with him/her.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Unless we would be economical with the truth. Every workers engage in informal conversations with one another during official period. This is what is called small talks. This is practice to ward off tensions and stress among workers. There is no way this could be stopped so far the official work is not affected.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There is nothing wrong with initiating informal conversations with your business partners, clients, etc. Being comfortable and familiar with each other is fine for being informal in dealing with business concerns. We do not want to be awkward and inquisitive, though. It is still a part of considering business ethics. But then, it depends if you are in a formal meeting; then we cannot incoportate this.

I find it very difficult to get into any other kind of talk that is not related to the business that I'm doing because I see them as a distraction from what I'm supposed to be doing.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, I totally agree with you. To build a warm and friendly work environment, sometimes a little informal conversation is needed, as a distraction so you don't get bored. Usually done during leisure and rest hours, when busy everyone will focus on their respective jobs.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.190
being informal is very common in the business world. As a business person you are not always supposed to talk about sales and growth

Back