Do you find it aesthetically disgusting to eat with bare hands?

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
Screenshot 2023-05-13 13.13.40-02.jpeg
I do not own rights to this image,strictly for demostration purposes.

People have different eating habits and have different dishes or cuisines that they like to eat. These food are saved differently and you may require to use some utensils or other forms of aids to eat the meal whilst with others it is to eat with bare hands. I have seen in most African countries and India where people like to eat with bare hands.

Do you find it aesthetically disgusting to see people eat with bare hands and or are there foods that it is just unavoidable to eat without bare hands? Could you give some examples of such foods that you just have to eat with bare hands?

Last edited:

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
It makes perfect sense because no folk ,knife,chop stick or spoon will dig into bony meat like the ones you have mention,glad that you see it perfectly normal to eat with bare hands.I am just skeptical that others would find this so disgusting and would actually feel offended to see anyone eating with bare hands.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
It makes perfect sense because no folk ,knife,chop stick or spoon will dig into bony meat like the ones you have mention,glad that you see it perfectly normal to eat with bare hands.I am just skeptical that others would find this so disgusting and would actually feel offended to see anyone eating with bare hands.
Asians usually eat with bare hands. In my country many eat with bare hands. Those who aga find it yucky never care. I love to eat with bare hands. And of course with proper protocol like washing the hands well under running water and a hand washing soap.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
It is finger licking right????
I think a delicious or sumptuous meal ends with you cleaning your fingers with your mouth, i guess it is not disgusting at all to eat with bare hands at all. I was thinking it is considered really disgusting by a lot of people out there.

Too bad no juicy meat for you now,you are all VEGAN.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Not sure what you mean by finger licking, put we just pick the chips up with fingers eat them, do lick our fingers at the end before going wash hands.

Different parts of the world have different customs.

I am a veggie, not a vegan, I do eat cheese and eggs.

I didn't mean to end up as a veggie, it just happened

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.480
With bare hand we can eat chips popcorns. Maybe some other snack to but anything of that is not good. You know how to use fork, knife and plate so please use it.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Depens on the food but personally I eat with the fork or a spoon some people prefer eating everything with bare hands Wich I found disgusting
We eat with a knife and fork or soup if it is soup.

Just love eating chips with my fingers
Post automatically merged:

With bare hand we can eat chips popcorns. Maybe some other snack to but anything of that is not good. You know how to use fork, knife and plate so please use it.
Yes some snacks just need fingers to eat with

Phavee

Unfamiliar
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
I don't think there's anything wrong with eating with bare hands, but it's advisable for hands to be clean before doing that. I do eat with bare hands when i eat some of my country traditional food cause using a fork or spoon won't help make it look good while eating so it's better to use bare hand while eating it.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.480
Except some snacks, pizza can be eated with hands. But for my taste it can be hot and fresh. It mus stay for some time like 10 minutes otherwise cheese can all over fingers and hands.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
Not sure what you mean by finger licking, put we just pick the chips up with fingers eat them, do lick our fingers at the end before going wash hands.

Different parts of the world have different customs.

I am a veggie, not a vegan, I do eat cheese and eggs.

I didn't mean to end up as a veggie, it just happened
Aww, I have learnt the difference now, at first I thought it is all the same definition. Of course, we are getting to learn many preferences from many people. Hope it was i did not mean to be a veggie in a good way.......

Depends on the food but personally I eat with the fork or a spoon some people prefer eating everything with bare hands Wihch I found disgusting
You are quite right that it depends on the food and definitely, the culture you are from is what will make one have the eating manners or habits. It is true that aside from elite eating places the idea of using bare hands to eat may not be aesthetically appealing to quite a lot of people in other circles.

Hence to discuss this extensively to get to appreciate the thoughts of every one. But I must say I am enjoying the foods that people are mentioning here, I may get to taste a few of them that I will get my hands on...

Back