Do you have rent control policy in your country?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
It is true that the basic necessities of life should be monitored and effectively regulated by the government even if it is run by the private sector. That is to avoid exploitation of the masses.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
I do not think this policy is available in Nigeria, even if we have it then it would be safe to say it is not in use. Cause there have been lots of cases where landlords increase rents for no reason and without giving any warning.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I do not think this policy is available in Nigeria, even if we have it then it would be safe to say it is not in use. Cause there have been lots of cases where landlords increase rents for no reason and without giving any warning.
It definitely is not implemented. Landlords are demi gods in my country and they fix their rents anyhow they want it. They would tell you that government did not build the house for them.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
I think there is nothing like that in my country. I bet there is no policy that governs the rental agreements and policies regarding the same. However land lords have the mandate to charge any amount provided we are in the free market picy

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In a Nigeria where I reside due to the lack of a national rent control policy it has made it difficult to address issues such as rising housing costs, evictions, and landlord-tenant disputes. As a result, tenants are often left vulnerable to exploitation by landlords who may arbitrarily raise rents or impose unreasonable conditions.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
In a Nigeria where I reside due to the lack of a national rent control policy it has made it difficult to address issues such as rising housing costs, evictions, and landlord-tenant disputes. As a result, tenants are often left vulnerable to exploitation by landlords who may arbitrarily raise rents or impose unreasonable conditions.
Generally, tenancy laws favour the tenant in Nigeria. But the challenges when it comes to tenancy laww among others is illiteracy and ignorance. I have used the law to deal with one landlord before.

Back