Do you negotiate price when purchase anything from market?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.950
Raw Dex
$0.045
I don't and that's the reason why my wife always accompanies me when we have to purchase an item.

There is a lot of margin against the MRP and many times it happens that the shopkeeper agrees with the price we ask him to purchase a product. How about your place, do shopkeepers sell an item below MRP?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.250
Raw Dex
$0.008
That depends on the shops I visit. If I go to supermarket or chain store, I won't negotiate because their price is fixed. If I go to a small store or wet market, I always negotiate price with the store owner.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.350
Since all bills must be checked by tax service, sellers can't change price otherwise they will be charged for hidding profit and not paying tax. So no more negotiating about prices.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.950
Raw Dex
$0.045
Here we don't take bills from every shopkeeper. Maybe they save the taxes so reduce the prices. There are many shops where they dont give us the bill even if we ask them.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Negotiations is like part of the buying process in the location I stay. You must negotiate except for supermarkets that the prices are labeled on the products. Aside from that, we always try to bid the price down.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my region negotiating is very essential because a lot of the vendors who sell products will always want to outsmart and cheat you with the pricing of the goods or products at which they sell.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.858
To be honest i am not really that good in this aspect, but i always try my best to negotiate with them as much as i can, it usually helps to save money most times.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't like to negotiate. I rather reduce the quantity to suit my budget. I believe every goods come with a price tag so if I want a reduced price then I simply reduce the quantity or size of the product

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
I do it all the time when going to the market but you have to give it to women because they are the best in it. They can bid down the price of anything to what they desire to buy. I try the little I can to negotiate and get fair deals.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
I do. Why wouldn't I when I'm given the opportunity. but though it depends on the shops I'm buying for because supermarket or big stores don't allow bargaining, I love to bargain though

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, sometimes I negotiate prices in the market, if I think the price of the item is too high. If they give a discount then that's what I'm hoping for, if not then I'll look elsewhere

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
I don't and that's the reason why my wife always accompanies me when we have to purchase an item.

There is a lot of margin against the MRP and many times it happens that the shopkeeper agrees with the price we ask him to purchase a product. How about your place, do shopkeepers sell an item below MRP?
It depends on where you go to get that, there are some shops that the price tag is already on each product and you won't be able to negotiate while there are some that the salesperson will just tell you the price, I believe you should negotiate that because he also wants to make his own from it.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

Been able to negotiate the price of a product you want to purchase is dependent on the market where you are trying to buy from because you cannot negotiate price in the supermarket.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Been able to negotiate the price of a product you want to purchase is dependent on the market where you are trying to buy from because you cannot negotiate price in the supermarket.
That is true. Prices in supermarkets and malls are fixed. Negotiations of prices is only available in open markets and that is because they are many sellers per time of that same product.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.858
Yes, sometimes I negotiate prices in the market, if I think the price of the item is too high. If they give a discount then that's what I'm hoping for, if not then I'll look elsewhere
Yes these sellers are simply after how they can make profit, so most times they just call prices, especially when they see you as someone that can afford it. Its left for you to price to the amount you can pay.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.040
Fixed price items don't need to be negotiate, but some items like rice, clothes, and other items where prices are not mentioned on items I usually negotiate because if I would not do so then I may purchase things costly.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.858
Fixed price items don't need to be negotiate, but some items like rice, clothes, and other items where prices are not mentioned on items I usually negotiate because if I would not do so then I may purchase things costly.
Yes that's true, it also depends on the store you are buying form as well. When you make purchases at a supermarket, there is little to no room for negotiations. Either you buy it or you dont.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yes that's true, it also depends on the store you are buying form as well. When you make purchases at a supermarket, there is little to no room for negotiations. Either you buy it or you dont.
That's because the products in the supermarkets have their prices written there and programed into the system. Any attempt to reduce the price would lead to a huge mess in the accounting system.

Back