Do you really have to create your own online store?

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.080
Raw Dex
$0.760
If you want to start your online business, do you really have to create your own store? Creating your own store costs a lot of money and I don't recommend this if you want to start small. Therefore, using third-party ecommerce platforms to create stores to sell items is the best way to start an online business. You get a lot of options and some of these are free to start.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think so. I think you can use social media has provided a medium for you to host your products.
This is another sound idea. My friend has a virtual store on Facebook. He didn't have to pay anything to create the store. Just a knowledge of how Facebook marketplace can be set up.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$6.603
I believe back then this would have been the case, after creating your own store, you would also need to look for traffic as well. These days there are so many e-commerce websites out there to actually make things a whole lot easier.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You don't really even need to create your own store. With social media advertising, you can sell your products online seamlessly.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I feel there is absolutely no need to create your online store unless you have the funds to run and manage it. I have been using social Media marketplaces and I have to say that they are very effective in generating sales.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.020
I think it is fine if done online. If having a shop physically, it is not ideal and not an option fo

If you want to start your online business, do you really have to create your own store? Creating your own store costs a lot of money and I don't recommend this if you want to start small. Therefore, using third-party ecommerce platforms to create stores to sell items is the best way to start an online business. You get a lot of options and some of these are free to start.
I too find it more conveniently to start the online store based on the third party e-commerce platforms. This is because one can easily use the cheaply maintained online sites and begin selling straight away.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
That's right I agree with you. I also do the same thing, I actively sell on existing marketplaces such as Shopee, Ladaza and Tokopedia. I didn't think about building my own marketplace due to limited money or capital that I had.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Not really. Physical stores especially for small businesses are more feasible and ideal after all small businesses can make use of social media like facebook to promote their products and it's for free. On line stores may be more applicable for huge businesses.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Not really. Physical stores especially for small businesses are more feasible and ideal after all small businesses can make use of social media like facebook to promote their products and it's for free. On line stores may be more applicable for huge businesses.
My business is small but has expanded to online stores to expand marketing reach. I actually don't use the shop features on social media, because I don't think the security level of transactions there is guaranteed, I need a third party as a guarantor of transaction security.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My business is small but has expanded to online stores to expand marketing reach. I actually don't use the shop features on social media, because I don't think the security level of transactions there is guaranteed, I need a third party as a guarantor of transaction security.
I tried creating a page for my product before using FB page but it was more feasible using the regular fb account. Maybe it also depends on the product. What are your products?.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I tried creating a page for my product before using FB page but it was more feasible using the regular fb account. Maybe it also depends on the product. What are your products?.
I mostly sell dry food/snacks. Yes, I heard that there are many fraudulent cases of buying and selling online through social media. Makes me have a crisis of trust to sell products on social media, because I feel uncomfortable worrying about being scammed.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I mostly sell dry food/snacks. Yes, I heard that there are many fraudulent cases of buying and selling online through social media. Makes me have a crisis of trust to sell products on social media, because I feel uncomfortable worrying about being scammed.
That is very true and it happens. One of my apprehension in getting into online is you are exposed to different qualities of buyer and it's difficult to negotiate online especially in agreeing to payment terms and delivery time.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
That is very true and it happens. One of my apprehension in getting into online is you are exposed to different qualities of buyer and it's difficult to negotiate online especially in agreeing to payment terms and delivery time.
So true. Even selling through the marketplace also does not guarantee safety from fraud. I often find buyers who are not trustworthy, they play around and are not responsible for the orders that have been made. It's easy to say cancel with reasons that don't make sense, even though the goods have arrived at their house.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.080
Raw Dex
$0.760
That's right I agree with you. I also do the same thing, I actively sell on existing marketplaces such as Shopee, Ladaza and Tokopedia. I didn't think about building my own marketplace due to limited money or capital that I had.
You can start for free on ecommerce marketplaces. However, you have a limitation when it comes to growing your business as you will be paying a lot of sales commissions to the marketplace you will be using.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
You can start for free on ecommerce marketplaces. However, you have a limitation when it comes to growing your business as you will be paying a lot of sales commissions to the marketplace you will be using.
That's right I have to pay sales commissions to them. Wow good information, Thank you very much for sharing. I will check it later, maybe it suits me. That's an international market website, right?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think you need to create a specialized online store if the range of your products is small. It saves cost to just get in and get your products hosted on existing online stores.

Back