Do you remember Cassette or CD?

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do you remember back then when we still used winamp for listening music with mp3 format? Or have you experience listen to the music through cassette or CD?

When i was in High School, i was saving money to buy new album, at that time i bought cassette and CD (but i can bought CD more often because of it was expensive than cassette format. I also help my friends who want to bought them, because i knew the owner of the music store and i got special price for it.

Now, i still save my cassette and CD collection but i'm not sure if still working or not. Because since spotify era, i never used them anymore.

I never though that today we only listen to our music through an apps and we pay it every month. Its really easy and i dont have to buy every album that i love like the old days.

So, are still have cassette or CD, or you are use spotify or others music apps?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
Before we have many at home but our interest at home faded when everyone at home owned a mobile phone and laptop so goodbye Cds and DVDs.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
But you still have it right? I still have it but i'm not sure if still working or not. Its good old days. Spotify, youtube music and other apps kill them. So sad knowing this but i know using spotify is more easy and useful, its help a lot when stuck at the traffic, so spotify for the rescue then.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
But you still have it right? I still have it but i'm not sure if still working or not. Its good old days. Spotify, youtube music and other apps kill them. So sad knowing this but i know using spotify is more easy and useful, its help a lot when stuck at the traffic, so spotify for the rescue then.
I still have thrm at home. They're only played if I like in my laptop. I sold my DVD and CD players.

Gadoson

Complete Stranger
Jan 16, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Wow! is good to remember those good memories, seriously you throw me back then imagine myself listen to music through either radio cassetes, video cassetes, cd but now phone kills them all because I hardly have time to watch TV as a result of phone.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Wow! is good to remember those good memories, seriously you throw me back then imagine myself listen to music through either radio cassetes, video cassetes, cd but now phone kills them all because I hardly have time to watch TV as a result of phone.
The good old days, right? Yes, i still remember the excitement everytime i bought a new album from my favorite musician, i have to save money for a month to bought it. Now, like you said smartphone kills them all, even i watch Netflix on my phone, not on TV anymore. Thats what we called LIFE oh Life oh life *you sing you lose

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Haha, this actually brings back old memories, i remember when we had to bring out a cd from rhe cd player to wipe it with a clean cloth just to stop it from skipping.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Haha, this actually brings back old memories, i remember when we had to bring out a cd from rhe cd player to wipe it with a clean cloth just to stop it from skipping.
Yes, indeeed, i bought a liquid to clean it up the CD. Oh my goodness the good old days, right? I know, these days we can play whatever song we want just one click, still that gold memories though, i missed it.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Yes, indeeed, i bought a liquid to clean it up the CD. Oh my goodness the good old days, right? I know, these days we can play whatever song we want just one click, still that gold memories though, i missed it.
Yea very true, things are a whole lot easier right now, we can download a full series or stream them on various networks, but i do remember when it was like buying dvd, i would borrow from friends in school back then.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yea very true, things are a whole lot easier right now, we can download a full series or stream them on various networks, but i do remember when it was like buying dvd, i would borrow from friends in school back then.
Or to save money, i bough DVD A and my friend bought DVD B, and we will borrow each others DVD. That was memories that i will always cherish, we experience every era, thats a good stories when i have a grandkids LOL

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.800
Raw Dex
$0.005
Yes I remember my childhood days when we used to buy audio and video cassettes, then they become obsolete with the introduction of internet. I also have few cassettes in my shelf.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.030
I think cassettes are much older than CD. We used to see latest movies through these cassettes by using vcr, after then cd comes in market which started replacing vcr and cassettes and now both are use very rarely.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.300
Somehow I skipped CD era but of course I remember cassets. We listen music all times from it. We had full box of cassete but we throw is like few years ago since we don't use it anymore. Now is everything online - Youtube or other services.
Do you remember this?
224148_00_2x.jpg

reti

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do you remember back then when we still used winamp for listening music with mp3 format? Or have you experience listen to the music through cassette or CD?

When i was in High School, i was saving money to buy new album, at that time i bought cassette and CD (but i can bought CD more often because of it was expensive than cassette format. I also help my friends who want to bought them, because i knew the owner of the music store and i got special price for it.

Now, i still save my cassette and CD collection but i'm not sure if still working or not. Because since spotify era, i never used them anymore.

I never though that today we only listen to our music through an apps and we pay it every month. Its really easy and i dont have to buy every album that i love like the old days.

So, are still have cassette or CD, or you are use spotify or others music apps?
Yes I do, because we always use it back then with my grandparents.

The Hulk

Complete Stranger
Jan 26, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I was born in '92 so cassettes were still a thing for a number of years. I still remember having to fast forward to whatever song I wanted! :p OR have to fix it if the tape in the cassette ever broke.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I was born in '92 so cassettes were still a thing for a number of years. I still remember having to fast forward to whatever song I wanted! :p OR have to fix it if the tape in the cassette ever broke.
Fast forward or using pencil to fast forward it, do you used it too? Thats the good old days, right? I miss that era so much

Back