Do you still advertise in the newspapers?

rubesh

Notable
Dec 18, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.000
Advertising in newspapers is still a viable option in certain situations. It can be an effective way to reach a large, targeted audience. Depending on the type of business, newspaper advertising may be an effective way to reach consumers in a specific geographic market. It can also be an economical way to reach a large number of people in a short amount of time. However, it is important to consider other types of advertising and marketing strategies that may be more effective in reaching a desired audience.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I would say the easiest and cheapest way to advertise in this digital era is to use social platforms. It's also the most effective way to reach maximum people.
However advertising in newspapers is still not outdated. I get my local newspaper and a couple of pages are all devoted to advertisements. So, still a lot of people are using it for advertisement, especially for local business and events. Use of newspaper is still in countries like India. But it's also a fact that with digital era, many are not opting for newspapers.

rubesh

Notable
Dec 18, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would say the easiest and cheapest way to advertise in this digital era is to use social platforms. It's also the most effective way to reach maximum people.
However advertising in newspapers is still not outdated. I get my local newspaper and a couple of pages are all devoted to advertisements. So, still a lot of people are using it for advertisement, especially for local business and events. Use of newspaper is still in countries like India. But it's also a fact that with digital era, many are not opting for newspapers.
Another way is to advertise on radio and TV. Again, it can be expensive, but it can also be effective if your target audience is watching them.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.173
There are some companies do this but not that often. I am an old school when it comes to finding jobs or services. I still buy newspapers to have what I want from newspapers ads.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The question should be if people even read or patronize print media these days. It has been a long time I read newspaper. Social media has driven print media extinct.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Now I am not interested in placing advertisements in newspapers, the reason is because now the internet is mushrooming and the effect is that everything is completely digital, making newspapers less attractive.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Advertising in newspapers is still a viable option in certain situations. It can be an effective way to reach a large, targeted audience. Depending on the type of business, newspaper advertising may be an effective way to reach consumers in a specific geographic market. It can also be an economical way to reach a large number of people in a short amount of time. However, it is important to consider other types of advertising and marketing strategies that may be more effective in reaching a desired audience.
I know that some people still make use of newspapers to advertise their business products and services. But now, the use of social media platforms is better.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.173
The question should be if people even read or patronize print media these days. It has been a long time I read newspaper. Social media has driven print media extinct.
I can relate to you. It has been a long time that I did not peek any newspapers. Although I still prefer to check the classified ads on newspapers. Reading some news will do by surfing the Internet daily.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.710
Raw Dex
$0.000
I can still see some advertisements on printed newspaper though nowadays, many companies prefer to advertise on online news sites and other social media platforms which can reach a much wider audience.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I can relate to you. It has been a long time that I did not peek any newspapers. Although I still prefer to check the classified ads on newspapers. Reading some news will do by surfing the Internet daily.
I have not seen a piece of current newspaper in years. Every news gets broken in social media. Analysis are being done on social media. That's why the print media is not selling again. One of the negatives of technology.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Another way is to advertise on radio and TV. Again, it can be expensive, but it can also be effective if your target audience is watching them.
I agree there. Even in this era of social media and digital world, some old ways of advertising are still valid. Online platforms might be the most popular way these days but still TV, radio and newspaper are there and being used.
I listen to radio only while driving my car and I get to hear a lot of advertisements there, especially of the local businesses.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I remember the last time I advertised in a newspaper it was to sell something and back when I did that, it really did work well but I can't say that I have tried advertising in newspapers since then. I would imagine that it is still a viable way to offer services but not I much prefer to advertise online when I need to as I feel it reaches more eyes that way. I guess it wouldn't hurt to also advertise in newspapers or magazines for that extra exposure.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most people just advertise in newspapers because it is a regulatory condition to do so when you change your name. That's what makes a lot of people to even get close to newspaper advertising.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$2.400
I do not have a lot of experience with advertising in newspapers, however, I have tried advertising in newspapers and my experience is not very good as I did not have any conversion.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
I have not advertise my business or anything in the news papers before though, but people still make use of news papers to advertise their business but people tend to use more of the internet.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I do not think newspaper advertisement is still effective because people do not use it anymore like before as long as we have social networks that we all can rely on

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.573
Of course yes. There are some businesses that are still advertising through the newspaper. This is because there is a specific target group of people that is still using the newspaper as their source of News, information and everything they need to know.

Back