Do you still have shops that sell music CDs on your country?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There was a time when this business was as sure business. That is why businesses have to evolve as time and tech advances. CD business is as good as dead. DVD business is also gone.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Not all people are internet tech. There are still number of people especially in the rural areas who don't have access to internet. Those kind of people who still be buying CD of their favorite musicians. If you go to areas, you will still be seing shops where CDs are sold. I'm sure those shops get their customers otherwise, they would have closed down.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.013
The business is no longer lucrative here. I think people are more into cable network and others now in the digital world where people have movies and songs on the go.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There was a time when this business was as sure business. That is why businesses have to evolve as time and tech advances. CD business is as good as dead. DVD business is also gone.
we still buy Cd's and DVD's, I think there will be a small market for this line for a good few years yet, before it is as dead as a dodo
Post automatically merged:

The business is no longer lucrative here. I think people are more into cable network and others now in the digital world where people have movies and songs on the go.
That is so true, but there are still quite a few oldies around who are still buying, like me!! LOL
Post automatically merged:

Not all people are internet tech. There are still number of people especially in the rural areas who don't have access to internet. Those kind of people who still be buying CD of their favorite musicians. If you go to areas, you will still be seing shops where CDs are sold. I'm sure those shops get their customers otherwise, they would have closed down.
I agree, we still buy loads, sadly current ones have to come from the internet shops as no local shops, but our charity shops sell loads of good ones, so you are getting big bargin and helping charity at the same time

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.013
Even the shops that still sells them don't have the kind of sales that were made years ago. it is because interest have been shifted from it to other things

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Even the shops that still sells them don't have the kind of sales that were made years ago. it is because interest have been shifted from it to other things
They don't have the same kind of sales, also I don't think they have the same stock as before for the very same reason, they may not sell it.
It is such a shame, as its great just to go and flip through the CD's regardless if you were going to buy one, just something you just did if you were out shopping

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Great that you still have shops like that in your country, it would be a big shame if all these shops closed
A lot of people that I'm making use of it as their means of income will always face serious challenges should they be completely taken out of business.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.013
Yeah the market for this has fallen so sellers don't have the same kind of high sales like before also they would jit have the same stock as before too

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are still many shops selling CD in my country. Not all musicians released their music's into the online music sites. You can still get CD of old and upcoming artists on CD. Some producers recorded selection of music in CD.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.900
Raw Dex
$0.070
Overall trend has changed these things and these shops were used to be the very essential requirement of people but nowadays we are not able to see any single shop here.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A lot of people that I'm making use of it as their means of income will always face serious challenges should they be completely taken out of business.
That is so very true, loads of people making income like that are being hit so hard now we can buy online and more streaming services are being made to play music on.

I personally as an oldie like to sit and look at my collection of records, CD's and DVD's on the shelf and chose what to play.
I don't think I would get on with streaming services. I hated the kindle when I brought one to read books on, could never remember what book I was reading and found it hard to go back and read a part I wanted to re read. So its in a cupboard collecting dust. I like to look at the bookcase and see my books, they are like my friends. Plus if you have a book on kindle you can't lend it to anyone.

I shall always be old school

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
Even though, many music lovers are getting their music online, there are plenty shops in Nigeria where you can get music CD.
Some people are still engaging in the trade and if they don't have patronage, they would have stopped it.
Not all music lovers are conversant on how to get their favorite music online.
This is something an old-fashioned way. I respect that some people there are into buying music DVDs. In my country, it has been a long time that people ignored this business idea.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am one of those old fashion people, some people say I am far too old school for my age, but I don't care. I like the way stuff was done in the past.

It like when you go to the library now, books aren't stamped out, so you now an not see how popular a book is or when it was last borrowed as they don't stamp the return date in them anymore. A real shame because I really liked looking tosee when a book had last been returned

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes but I don't think that many people use them these disks are pretty cheap these days most people listen to music on the phone or something like that
No matter how technological driven people are, there are still some people who are still conservative. Old movies and song of past artists can be gotten on CD. It is not everytime you tune in your mobile to listen to music.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.888
Though these days one could easily have access to these music on various streaming platforms and websites, there are still stores in my location that sells these music cds, though most times they are sold for car use.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Though these days one could easily have access to these music on various streaming platforms and websites, there are still stores in my location that sells these music cds, though most times they are sold for car use.
We like to play cd's i the car as no blue tooth in car. We also have a cd player in sitting room, kitchen and in our bedroom

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most car stereos come with USB readers and one doesn't need a CD any longer. The fact that USB devices are easily rewritable is the advantage it has used to drive CDs to extinction.

Back