Does a sole proprietorship business need a board of directors?

King Belieal

Unfamiliar
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.006
Raw Dex
$0.000
I do hear as businesses have board of directors. And I always think it is applicable only to a sole proprietorship business. Is it ever possible that a partnership business would need a board of directors?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.800
If the solo owner has a big company, he or she can have a board of directors. It is most likely to happen to all big-scale businesses. It is the best option for him to sustain the business itself.

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the solo owner has a big company, he or she can have a board of directors. It is most likely to happen to all big-scale businesses. It is the best option for him to sustain the business itself.
That's true. A board of directors can bring expanded perspectives in the decision making process. A sole proprietorship can decide to have a board of directors if it grows to become so big.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.858
I don't think this kind of business needs a board of directors. When we talk about sole proprietorship, it's a one person business, so having others in the business completely goes against what a sole proprietor stands for.

Cam

Administrator
Admin
Mar 30, 2024
Dex
$98.100
Raw Dex
$0.964
Yeah, I’ve never heard of a sole proprietorship having a board of directors. I’m no expert, but I would think you’d have that when it’s a corporation, whether it’s a LLC or something else.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.250
Raw Dex
$0.008
No, sole proprietorship type of business does not need a board of directors. The business is owned and run by the one owner. Of course, s(he) is free to hire any advisors.

Ratine

Somewhat Known
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.080
Raw Dex
$0.728
The board of directors are found in the companies and other business likes for that matter
Post automatically merged:

No, sole proprietorship type of business does not need a board of directors. The business is owned and run by the one owner. Of course, s(he) is free to hire any advisors.
Board of directors are actually found on the private and public companies whereby they facilitate the ownership of the companies together with the other shareholders.

Last edited:
Back